Monday, October 10, 2011

Dutch turned 5!

Five Years Old! How does time fly so fast? It seems like just yesterday that we had Dutch and at the same time it seems like we have always had Dutch, it's hard to picture life before him. David and I decided that we would only do a big friend party for our kids on their even birthday's and then a family party on their odd birthdays. But I still wanted him to feel like it was his decision, that way if he really wanted a friend party we could have one and not be sad that he didn't. So I presented him with his options, he could have a friend birthday party or he could go to Chuck E Cheese and get presents. He choose Chuck E Cheese, it's his favorite place. Our good friends Brian & Celynda and there kids joined us. We got lots of tokens and let the kids loose. They had a blast. This year Dutch's birthday landed on a Sunday so we celebrated at Chuck E Cheese the night before and let him open one presents, which was the Lego Batman game for the Wii. That way him and David could play it that night. Now I'm not sure who likes the game more, David or Dutch. Then on Sunday it was a pretty low key birthday, we had a special breakfast and then went to church. When we got home from church he got to open the rest of his gifts and then we just spent the evening hanging out. We love our Dutch Boy and we all had a great time celebrating Dutch. He is such a good kid and we are lucky to have him in our family. Maylee is holding hands with Brookie, her best friend. It will be heart breaking when we have to separate these two girls for residency. I feel the same way about when Celynda and I will have to move away from each other. Opening presents from Lukas and Brookie, thanks guys. Opening presents!
Happy Birthday Buddy Boy!

No comments: