Saturday, March 31, 2012

Uncle Craig comes home!!!

The day finally arrived for Uncle Craig to come home for his mission in South Africa. Background story on Uncle Craig, he was Dutch's absolute favorite uncle before he left on his mission. Other than David, Craig was the next favorite male figure in Dutch's life. We talked a lot about Uncle Craig to Dutch while he was gone and he looked at all the pictures Craig sent but I still figured that after two years, it would definitely take Dutch some time to warm up again, he's just such a reserve, shy kid. Well Dutch had been praying for about the week before Craig came home and this was his usual prayer,
"Dear Heavenly Father, please bless that Craig will come home, and I'll run up to him and give him a big hug. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."
David wasn't able to make it to the airport to see Craig home, because he had to take a test. So the kids and I drove down the day before just to make sure nothing would get in the way of us being at the airport on time. The kids had a blast hanging out with their cousins and holding up signs while waiting for Craig. Dutch wasn't the first one to give Craig a hug but he certainly did not hesitate at all or get shy. He just reached right out and gave him a big hug. I didn't get a picture of it unfortunately though. It was so much fun to see Craig again. I have to say that I am thrilled for all of David's brothers to be home. I'm grateful that they served but after 7 years of having missionaries out it's nice to have them all home. Group shot of everyone who was at the airport to welcome Craigy home. I had really wanted to get a shot of David with all his brothers but by the time Craig made it back to the house for his welcome home party, everyone was leaving because it was so late. So I only got one with all the boys still minus Craig, bummer. Talli fell in love with her cousin Amber on this trip. Maylee and her cousins caught a gecko and Maylee fell in love with it and wanted to keep it forever. She kept it in a bottle for a while until we were able to convince her to let it go back to it's family.

No comments: