Thursday, November 1, 2012

So as much sewing as I do, I have yet to make my kids Halloween costumes. This year I decided I was going to make them. Dutch wanted to be a ninja and had a specific one in mind and I figured it'd be a whole lot easier on me to buy it then make it, so he picked his out at the store. Maylee wanted to be a princess again this year. At first she wanted to be Ariel, I talked her out of the that because she had been that last year. But she still wanted to be a Disney princess. I told her I would make her a gorgeous princess dress and she could just be 'Princess Maylee'. I am already tired of my girls wanting to be Disney princess for every Halloween  they are so boring to me. I had the idea of what I wanted the princess dress to look like and I headed off to Joann's to buy the material. Lucky for me I was able to get the dress to turn out exactly if not better then I had pictured it my head. And it really didn't take very long to make it at all. It just came together so easy. Maylee loved it, which I was I grateful for since she had wanted to be some thing else.

The pile of fabric before I got started.





Halloween was fun this year. Our ward had the trunk or treat on Halloween night, so we headed to that and hit up all the cars and then we headed back to our neighborhood since the kids really wanted to knock on some doors. I was going to make Talli a Dora costume however she refused to wear the wig so I decided to just have her wear Maylee's dress up Barbie dress instead of fighting the Dora costume. The kids had so much candy by the end of the night. I let them stay up an hour late and eat as much candy as they wanted to since I knew it'd be gone the next day. They gorged on candy and then the next day we went to a dentist office that was buying back the candy to send to the troops. Its the first year we've ever done that and it's my new favorite thing. They give you a dollar for every pound which the kids were excited for and then I didn't have to have SIX pounds of candy sitting around my house for the next month. David unfortunately was in Ohio for another interview and missed the kids on Halloween night.




The kids and I also headed to the Rec Center for their annual trunk or treat and bounce house activity on Halloween. It was a very busy day.


Dutch also had his Halloween party at school that I volunteered at on Halloween.



Since David was leaving a few days before Halloween we carved pumpkins early. David has made some crazy pumpkin cravings in the past and I have to say this was his best most mellow year. Dutch wanted to buy a little pumpkin and he carved it all himself. He did excellent.





No comments: