- Here are some random pictures from through out the weekend.....
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Our Weekend
This weekend was so busy and so much fun. On Friday night all of my sister in laws and I went out to dinner with my mother-in-law to celebrate her birthday. We went to eat at a place called Bajios, it was pretty good mexican food and then afterwards we all went to see a movie. The movie we saw was 'Get Smart' with Steve Carell, it was so funny, I definitely recommend it. Here we are at dinner.
Here are all five of the sister-in-laws. Me, Allison, Jadie, Jessi and Dawn
Yesterday was a busy day around the house. David changed the oil in my car and did some work on my car and I got to mow the lawn. And yes I said "got to". I love to mow the lawn. I know that sounds so strange to hear, but I love going outside to mow the lawn and work up a good sweat and do something hard and physically demanding. David enjoys mowing but sometimes he gets to busy, so the way I see it is... why should I complain at him to do something that I am perfectly capable of doing myself. The first couple of times I mowed I didn't love it so much. But the more I have done it the more I really enjoy it. Although sometimes it's hard for me to find the time to mow with kids but since David was home on Saturday, I let him watch the kids so that I could go and enjoy myself while I mowed the yard. I haven't figured out how to weed wack, yet. So I need David to show me how to do that and then I can take care of the whole yard all by myself. Our yard.....
Saturday night my sister-in-law Dawn had her son Aiden blessed. They did it on a Saturday night at David's parents house because they are lucky enough to have eight o'clock church and their building is way up North past Anthem, so they figured if they wanted all the family to come it would be easier to do it at home, plus we were able to have a pool party afterwards. So it worked out great. I love getting together with Davids family. I really enjoy visiting with his cousins. And there are so many little kids now that Dutch really enjoys himself. We always have a lot of fun with all the family together.
Maylee and I at the pool party.
David, Maylee and I.
Dutch swinging after he was all done swimming.
I figured Maylee is probably big enough for some of Dutch's old toys now that her head is pretty stable. So I got this one set up and she loves it, well only for about the first two minutes and then she is done, but I figure she'll last longer and longer in it with each time.
Maylee and Daddy snoozing on the couch.
Maylee and Mommy.
Dutch wanted in the picture.
Our two babies after having baths.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are a busy girl! It does sound like a lot of fun! Ah... summer time fun! I mow the grass most of the time too. It is because we ran a landscaping company for the past 6+ years, and so I knew the last thing Justin wanted to do was our own yard. It is pretty relaxing. Hey... I was thinking the other day that we should get our kids together to play since we don't live to far apart. I'll email you my number and you do the same! :-)
Look how buff your arm looks in the picture you are holding Maylee after swimming! Way to go!
Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I wish I had known you guys were going out for Fawn's birthday, Carly and I would have come too. I got stuck out in Mesa on saturday and didn't make it back in time for Aiden's blessing so I just went straight home.
Breezy we must have similar taste, I have that same swim suit bottom and Hunter has that same exersaucer (which he LOVES!). Your kids are too cute! I can't believe how fast your little girl is growing, it goes to fast.
That's fun that you all went to dinner and a movie...I can't wait to see that one. Wow..Dutch really looks like David in that picture with you and Maylee.
Breezy, how right you are!! I read your post about mowing the lawn and told Joe how I should try it. So the next time we needed it mowed he asked me if I wanted to do it. I said okay, even though I wasn't thrilled to and I LOVED IT! Like you, I also like to do things that are physical and to work up a sweat. It wasn't like a cardio work out or anything, but I just loved being outside working hard in the yard. Even better was that Joe watched the kids, made dinner, and cleaned house while I did it. I was in heaven!! Now I begg him to let me mow the lawn every time. If I do it early enough in the day, I can even do it with the kids in the shade. Thanks to you, I don't think I'll ever let Joe mow the lawn again!!
Post a Comment