Friday, June 13, 2008

Summertime

Summertime is always my favorite time of the year. As a teenager I would spend my summers in the sun. I love to lay out. To lay there under the sun and just feel it baking my skin, there is nothing better, I think it might be better than a massage. However, since I have married David, he really hates for me to lay out. He always thinks of skin cancer and such, so I haven't done a lot of laying out since we've been married and adding kids really puts a damper on it. But summer is still my favorite time of the year. Unfortunately we don't have a pool and we don't live close to anyone who does, so we haven't been swimming very much yet. But the other day my wonderful mom, got Dutch a very adorable blow up pool and he just loves it. So we have been spending a lot of time in the backyard, under the wonderful sun, swimming. Well I guess I should say that Dutch plays in the water and I stand there and get splashed and help him go down his little slide, there really isn't room for the two of us. My mother in law has a pool and I had planned on spending at least two days a week over there swimming but she lives about 30 minutes away and gas is just so high. Is it just David and I or has gas prices been affecting everyone else's life too. I feel like I can't just go everywhere when ever I want. So needless to say this summer is not turning out how I expected it to. But yesterday I was lucky enough to be able to baby sit my two nephews, Maxx and Jace while their parents were in church meetings. I love having Maxx and Jace come over and play with Dutch. Dutch just adores Maxx and he plays so well with them. And Dutch has the personality that he needs someone to show him fun things and to play with him. When the boys were over they were all playing in the pool and Maxx and Jace romp and play so hard and they show Dutch fun things to do. Dutch really should have been a twin or the second child. He really has the kind of personality that he needs a big brother to show him want to do. So I love every opportunity Dutch has to play with his cousins. Here is Dutch playing in his new pool. Maxx, Dutch and Jace after they came inside from playing in the pool.

4 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

We can start having swim parties at my house... we have access to the pool all the time. I'm glad you're enjoying the hot weather. I love it too!

Brandi Jo said...

Yes... gas prices are frustrating! We just have a huge truck that we drive. It gets 14 miles to the gallon and cost $100 to fill the tank. Frustrating!! I love the summer time too! Flip flops, swimming, boating! We use to have a boat and went wakeboarding all the time, but we ended up selling it once we had children. It was hard to take them all out on the lake. So... one day we'll get one again when they get a little bigger.

Britt said...

we have that same pool. lol. Cynthia bought it for us. I feel like a hermit with the gas prices as well. I can't stand it..

Cindy Carroll said...

im so glad he likes it...it's so stinking cute....good idea putting something under it...