Sunday, July 6, 2008

A very fun week

Well Noah is in town. Which makes for a very fun week. He doesn't come home as often as we all would like for him to, so when he does you would think a celebrity has come to town. We get very excited to see him and we play. On Wednesday Tara and the boys came over to play with Dutch and I. It was a great day. The boys played all day and swam for a bit outside, while Tara and I just got to hang out and chat all day. It was great. Tara left at about three in the afternoon and after she left Dutch was so exhausted from all the fun that he laid down and took a 3 1/2 hour nap. It was wonderful. And then for a wonderful surprise that night, Noah showed up on my doorstep on his way into town. Stormy was in on the surprise and she happened to be coming to my house anyways so Noah, Stormy, David and I stayed up visiting and playing the Wii until super late, well in mine and David's opinion, it was actually only 11:30 when they left. But it was great fun. Then on Thursday I went out to Seth and Tara's and we all went swimming at their club house for several hours. Afterwards we went over to my parents house (they were out of town but us kids took over) and made dinner. Seth grilled up some steak and chicken with baked potatoes and Tara and I made fried zucchini, with the zucchini from our garden. Let me just say that the zucchini was super yummy, I was very impressed. Here is a picture of the wonderful produce from our garden. And I just wanted you all to get an idea of just how big some of zucchini is. It is as big as my arm. I guess we didn't find it in the garden until it was super large but really, I don't know how we could have missed it. After dinner we went and watched fireworks over in Estrella. Dutch loved it. I didn't have my camera with me so I was bummed about that. But he was so excited over the fireworks. He kept saying, "Oh Wow". It was so cute. It kept his attention the entire time. Then we headed back to my parents house. I got my kids to bed and then us adults stayed up super late again and played the game, Apples to Apples. It is like my new favorite game. If you haven't played it, you should. On Friday evening once my parents got back in town we had homemade pizzas over there, thanks to Seth and Tara for putting that together. And then it was just a nice evening of visiting and again ending the day with playing, Apples to Apples. Saturday David and I headed over to his parents house to see and visit with them for a while and get some swimming in. And then Seth, Tara, their boys and Noah came to spend the evening with us. We had grilled chicken salads for dinner and then David put on a little firework show for us all. He had some sparklers for the little kids, but we quickly figured out that they are still way to little for that. So then he got some fountains out. They just stay on the ground and look like a little water fountain basically. Nothing big. Until he lit one and it ended up not being a fountain and they shot way up into the air. Very scary because well... fireworks are illegal. And the noise of them scared the kids so they all started crying. So Tara and I headed in the house with the babies and then everyone else followed. David stayed out to make sure the fireworks were all out and then we just tried to act cascual in our house just in case police showed up, you know act like nothing happened. So we got out the Wii and started playing that. It was a great night. I love getting together with my brothers and sisters. I love them all so much. Seth and Noah playing the Wii.

2 comments:

Brandi Jo said...

Oh my gosh.... that Zucchini is HUGE! Sounds like a fun weekend! Your kids are cute plying in the balls! That is crazy that Maylee is so mobile! That is awesome! I think Carson will be too fat to move for a while.

Me and The Boys said...

We had a blast with you guys.. we need to get together every weekend!