Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Party

Monday night was our Lazenby family Christmas party. David's parents always go way out and the party is just a blast. Every year the 'real' Santa Claus makes an appearance. He's been coming to their Christmas parties ever since David was 3, the same guy every year. Everyone gets to sit on his lap and tell Santa what we want for Christmas. Maylee did fine sitting on Santa's lap, she was just interested in his beard. Dutch on the other hand didn't' want to get close to Santa, so finally I had him sit on my lap while I sat on Santa's lap and that he could handle Our little family with Santa and his elf This year Fawn bought us all gingerbread houses and everyone got into a decorating competition. Lets just say David and I didn't win. David tends to go over and beyond on his creativity. But it was a lot of fun to watch everyone try and decorate their own house. The finished houses, ours is the one with the brown gingerbread man and the satellite dish on top. Every year Santa brings us all a present which is always an adorable pair of pajamas. The kids match and then the adult men match and the adult girls match. So every year we put our pajamas on and take a ton of pictures. It's always a lot of fun. Then after all the festivities are over we just lounge around and enjoy each others company. We look forward to this party every year and it just seems to come and go so fast. I love this last picture because it describes the rest of the evening very well

6 comments:

Britt said...

How fun.. these traditions are awesome! I love the santa and his elf! What a great touch.

Carbonneau said...

How fun! I am amazed that they have had the same Santa guy since David was 3!! Wow...and an elf ta boot! sweet. I love the last picture. It reminds me of my parents home around the holidays, chaos, but worth it! I love Maylee's bow that she was wearing, (I have to start paying attention to these things.) :)
Merry Christmas!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Wow he makes a great Santa Claus! How fun to have matching Pj's! We do Pj's on Christmas eve but they don't match. I love tradition's!

Dawn Walterscheid said...

I love the last photo. Ashley is on her head with her bum in the air too funny!

Shauna said...

How fun! I wish could do something that fun for Christmas!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Ginger bread houses are great! Jeff's mom made us this amazing one last year for our wedding and we kept it for a long time and I never wanted to throw it out. Merry Christmas Breezy! Love ya! :)