Friday, January 16, 2009

Nevada

David has been accepted into medical school in Henderson Nevada. We couldn't be more excited. He had his interview there on Tuesday and Thursday night he got an email telling him that he has been accepted. It is amazing at what a huge burden has been lifted off of our shoulders. I didn't realize how much it was weighing me down waiting for him to get into school until he was accepted and now I just feel so much relief. It is the best feeling to know that we are going to be able to start the next phase of our life. As of right now Nevada is the only school that we have heard back from and are accepted into, so as of right now we will be moving to Nevada this July and then David will be starting school on August 3rd. It's actually very exciting that we are going to Nevada because it will only be a 5 hour car ride away. Which means we will actually be able to see family more often than once or twice a year. Regardless of where we would be moving I am just thrilled to be accepted. I'm so proud of David for getting into Medical School, he has worked really hard for this and has wanted it for so long, it's so fun to see that he is going to be able to fulfill his dream and become a doctor.

6 comments:

Andrus Family said...

Congrats!!!! That is soooo exciting to know you are on your way, and ofcourse not till the summer. Just a little longer with you guys the better.

Carbonneau said...

Congrats! Med school IS a big deal, I am so glad you have a glimpse of what lies ahead. It is fun to dream about your future, but especially when you have a glimpse of where it may be at! I have cousins from both sides of my family that live in Henderson, and an Aunt and Uncle. There is a park we have stopped at twice in Boulder, just south of Henderson that almost always has wild big horned sheep running around.
What fun to start planning!

Stacy said...

yay yay yay!!!

but I still hope you get into school here. best of both worlds I suppose. :o)

Shauna said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Now I I have a place to stay when I go to Vegas, and what better a situation then to have you only 5 hours away. I was sad thinking that you might be forever away and now your just a half a day away! Yay!

Simply Me said...

yay! i am so happy for your family and for david! i am glad you won't be too far away!

Barker said...

Thats awesome, my bro-in-law graduates from Touro (sp) in May, it's been a good 4 years for them. He really likes the school and now they are going to stay in Henderson since he's going to do his residency in Vegas. Good luck!