Thursday, February 5, 2009
Green Drink
I took all of this produce...
And blended it in my wonderful Vita Mix...
and got this wonderful drink....
I know it looks really scary to drink a green drink that is full of vegetables but it is actually really good. I love it. I use to drink it all the time before I had Dutch but when I was pregnant with him I threw it up once and that was the end of that for awhile. But David and I were at the store today and he said something about making green drink so I decided to buy all the ingredients and I am so glad that I did. I love getting such a large serving of veggies a day. So if any of you are brave enough to try it I'll put the recipe on here. I know it's scary my roommate drank it all the time in college and it took her forever to finally get me to even taste it. And even after I tasted it once it took me another year or two to decide that I was brave enough to try it again. But the second time won me over and now I am a huge believer in the wonder of green drink.
1 quart juice (apple or pineapple)
1 cup almonds
1/2 to 1 bunch kale
1/2 bunch collard greens2-3 celery sticks
1-2 carrots
1-2 apples
small bunch parsley
ice
Blend juice and almonds together. Slowly add vegetables in any order. Add ice as needed to keep drink cold. Do NOT let it get hot, it will cook the vegetables.
Suggestion: if making it for only one, cut recipe in half or even in fourth, drink will keep up to 3-4 days in fridge after that veggies will start to go bad.
Store in an air tight container in fridge, preferably mason jars.
May add other veggies or seeds such as: bell peppers, mustard greens, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, etc. You taste buds are you only limit.
Enjoy!!!

I made it just as the recipe stats, except I did flaxseeds rather than almonds because that was all that I had. It really is delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Don't you just LOVE the vita-mix? I couldn't live without it. We make drinks like that all the time. It makes life so much easier to drink all your vegetables and know you got them in one dose instead of trying to plan meals with a bunch of vegetables! Yum!!
you'll have to make that for a girl's night.
gosh I wish I had a vita-mix. lucky.
You are OUT of CONTROL! And I am sure the healthiest person I know.
Breeeeeeeezy, GROSS!!! I didn't know that you had finally caved and started drinking that green stuff like Kristy!!! When I lived with her she did make me try it and I spit it right out!!! :p You are Mrs. Healthy though!!!! I don't think I could ever swallow that stuff but kudos to you for drinking it! :)
Post a Comment