Sunday, March 8, 2009

Trains

David and I decide to spend yesterday as a family and actually do something besides sit at home with the kids. David had heard of this train museum on the radio and really wanted to take Dutch there. It was over in Chandler, so kind of a far drive and of course we got lost going there because well, David is terrible with directions. But once we got there we were glad we went. Basically it is just a big lot of old retired trains, that have been fixed up to walk through. Dutch of course loved it. He loved being able to walk through the trains and climb up on top. David enjoyed himself a lot too because to loves old cars and I guess trains fit into that category. A big train like that makes you feel pretty small... Maylee and I driving the train He thought there was going to be a train that we could ride on but there wasn't. So after we left Chandler, we drove over to Scottsdale to this train park that I knew about where there is a little train that you can ride. That was pretty fun too. Dutch would not say a word while we were riding the train, it was as if he was trying so hard to take it all in and not miss anything. I also got to take him on a carousel ride. That was pretty fun but again he would not talk, he was too busy making sure he didn't miss anything but he also did not want me to touch him. He kept pushing my hands off if I touched him or the horse, so I just stood close by and hoped that he wouldn't fall off.
Getting Ready for the train to take off.... Dutch on the horse
Playing at the park afterwards

3 comments:

Stormy and Spenser said...

What a good idea! It looks like you guys had lots of fun! :)

jadie said...

it looks like your kids had alot of fun! that is definatley a fun weekend activity! cute pictures!

Cindy Carroll said...

wow..that's so fun...what a cute family....I love the train pictures.