Sunday, October 18, 2009
I started potty training Dutch on Monday and I gave myself two weeks before I was allowed to give up and go back to diapers. And I must be the luckiest mom ever because it literally only took me two days. Since Tuesday night Dutch has only had one accident, which really was kind of my fault. He took a nap and I was forgettful and forgot to remind him to go potty. But I didn't really think about it because I haven't really had to encourage him or remind him very much. When he needs to go, he just goes by himself. He even has the whole #2 thing figured out. I am so thrilled. It is so wonderful to know that I will never have to put a diaper on him again. And the cutest part about potty training is watching him run around in his cute underwear. And he loves to stick his bum out for you to see the really cool trains on his panties (as he calls them). He has even used the public potty, which took a lot of bribery but hey I'll bribe if I have too.
We had quite a busy week this week. On Wednesday I met up with some friends at the park for a playgroup/picnic. We ended up spending four and a half hours there. The weather was so gorgeous, it couldn't have been above 78 degrees, I was loving it. Dutch and Maylee are at a fun age for going to the park and I enjoy being able to get out of the house. I found a great park close by that we have been spending a lot of time at lately now that the heat is finally gone.
Maylee enjoying her day at the park!
When we got home from the park both of the kids passed out. I was so hoping that they wouldn't take a late nap but there was just nothing I could do to keep them awake.
Friday night David and I took Dutch and Maylee to a little Halloween carnival that is here. When we first walked into the carnival Dutch saw a roller coaster ride and said he wanted to go on the 'train'. It was just a little one and he was tall enough so David took him on it. It was definitely a scary little carnival ride. It was super jerky and fast and Dutch was terrified. He didn't cry, he actually didn't make an expression at all, but David said he was so tense and just clinging to him. After he got off that ride he had lost faith in all the rides and didn't want to go on another one.
Getting ready for the ride to start!
So then they had a big slide which Dutch thought looked fun. So I decided to take him on that myself. By the time we had hiked to the top, Dutch had chickened out, so I just sat him on my lap and pushed us off. I've never even big on a big slide before, that sure got my stomach and I'm really not sure if Dutch even enjoyed it but I thought it was fun.
The next ride was a very slow rocket ride but Dutch wanted nothing to do with it. So David was just going to take Maylee but last minute we decided to make Dutch go on it, he needed to realized that they aren't all scary. And he loved the rocket ride.
David wanted to go on the big slide too, so he took Maylee up with him. She loved it. She clung to him but she had a big smile on her face. She's such a dare devil.
After the carnival we took the kids over to Cold Stone Creamery. It was a very fun family date night.
I still have my bean bucket but I forgot about it until just the other day so I let the kids play in it. It's the first time I have ever let Maylee play in the beans. I had to go upstairs for just a minute and came back to find this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yea for potty trained kids! I think that's the best way to do it. I started way to young with Lili and always put diapers on at bed time and she still needs a pull up at night. I'm working on Nate now and I think I might try the cold turkey method. I hope I am as lucky as you are!!!
Looks like you guys are enjoying your new home. :)
I love little kids in their undies running around, I think it is so cute! Love all of the pictures, it looks like you guys are enjoying your new area :)
I love the undies! It looks like you all had a ton of fun at the fair! So what are the kids going to be for Halloween? Oh and the best thing ever they opened a Hobby Lobby by Mom & Dad!!!! Love you all And mIss tons!
p.s love all the pics!
Post a Comment