Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkins!

I'm going home this weekend for David's block week of exams so we decided to go ahead and carve pumpkins tonight for Family Home Evening, even though they'll be rotten by the time we get back. Dutch was so excited to pick a pumpkin out at the store and so excited to get started carving. But once we opened up the top and exposed the gunk inside he pretty much wanted nothing to do with cleaning it out. He hates to get his hands dirty. He felt the same last year but I was hoping that he would do better this year. I guess I am still hoping that there will be a year where he won't mind putting his hand in the pumpkin. After the pumpkins were all cleaned out and when David started cutting the face then Dutch got excited again and wanted to use the knife himself. He loved watching the face come to life. And he especially loved looking at the pumpkin once we got the candle put inside. He sat outside for awhile just watching the pumpkin.
Watching so intently. If you look closely at Maylee's hair you can see a huge piece of tootsie roll that she got stuck in it. Luckily it came out pretty easy in the tub. I was terrified that I was going to have to cut it out.

No comments: