Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trick or Treat

At a Rec Center close by they were having a trick or treat for tots today. So I decided to take the kids. Dutch still plays the shy card really bad and won't say trick or treat or anything. But once he got his first piece of candy dropped into his bag, he was more willingly to at least hold his bag out. Maylee has no problem going up and talking to or staring at strangers. And she always said, "thank you mom" to whoever gave her candy. She's so cute.
Maylee's grandma is in Hawaii right now and sent Maylee a cute little Hula outfit, so I decided to just use that as her Halloween costume and it is adorable. And she was such a hit today, everyone commented on how cute she looked. Dutch is dressing up as a soccer player again this year. I know that he was a soccer player last year and it's totally lame but I took him to the store and showed him a whole bunch of costumes but he didn't want to wear any. And well, money is tight enough as it is, that I wasn't going to spend money on a costume that he would just throw a fit about wearing and not end up wearing anyways. And he actually threw a fit about putting on his soccer jersey. The kid has some serious mood issues, but I still love him to pieces. And they both looked really cute today.

7 comments:

Dawn Walterscheid said...

CUTE! They both look very cute. I love the coconuts!

Arizona Nielsens said...

Two very cute kids!! Sounds like they had a fun time.

Britt said...

love the coconuts. adorable.

Rich and Liz Harris said...

They are so beautiful!!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Darling kiddo's! Love the costumes :)

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Darling kiddo's! Love the costumes :)

jadie said...

what a fun thing to go do! the kids look so cute! and i love your pumpkins... they look so great! it is always so fun to carve pumpkins! i love the pictures of them outside looking at them so serious! they are getting so big! give those 2 cuties a huge hug! love and miss you guys!