Thursday, July 8, 2010
My lizard is broken!
My parents have a lot of lizards in their yard. While we were in Arizona the kids loved to hunt for lizards with daddy. Well one time David let Maylee hold a baby lizard, by putting it on her chest and she instantly fell in love. She would cry and cry for her Daddy to take her out and find a baby lizard. And once they found one she would put it on her chest and she would pet it and talk to the baby lizard. One night she was holding one and it was time for her to come inside to go to bed and she sobbed and sobbed when she had to let the baby lizard go. Then a few days later Daddy had caught her another lizard and it was sitting on her chest, when she decided to pick it up and put it on the ground, no big deal. Well a little while later I go outside and the kids come running up to me and they are telling me that the baby lizard it sick so it has to sit on the rock. So I look to David for some answers. He told me that Maylee squeezed it a little to hard when she picked it up and killed it. So he told her it was sick and then when she wasn't looking he disposed of it. Then about 30 minutes after that Maylee comes into the house from the backyard and says to me, "Momma my lizard is broken." Uhhh, so I go to investigate and sure enough Maylee is holding this tiny lizard between her two fingers and it is dead. They are so tiny and when she picks it up she just literally squeezed the life out of it. I don't love lizards, so I scooped Maylee up and ran her outside to her Dad and told him that he had to take care of his daughters obsession with baby lizards and that she killed another one. But I did get the biggest laugh out of her telling everyone that her lizard was broken. Cute girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh little maylee that is the cutest thing ever!!! she'll love this story when she gets older!
Post a Comment