Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Talli has definitely been the "baby" a lot longer than Dutch or Maylee had the privilege of being the baby. Unfortuately you realize after you have a kid grow up and then have another one, just how fast they grow up. Now I understand why the baby of the family is always the baby of the family. They never have anyone new come and kick them out of that spot, and as a mother you just can't let your baby grow up if you never have another baby. Talli is our baby. She'll be two next month and I can't even begin to believe that Dutch at two had a 8 month old sister and Maylee at two was being potty trained. They were still babies and yet to me they were the big kids. But not Talli she is definitely the baby and I am so glad I have had the opportunity to have a baby for an entire two years without having another one. She'll definitely be a bit more spoiled than the other two because of it but it's also helped me to realize that I need to let Dutch and Maylee still be the little kids and not just the big kids. Because I've realized now that 5 & 3 is not a big kid, they're still little, they still want to be held and snuggled and I'm going to try and hold and snuggle them as much as possible until the day they decide that they are actually too big but I won't make that decision for them.
I was at my friends house and Talli climbed into her car seat and grabbed the babies binky and sat in there for about 10-15 minutes straight. It made me realize she might still be my baby but she's not a tiny baby anymore! And one of Maylee & Brookie hanging out.

No comments: