Monday, November 17, 2008

9 Months

Maylee Jane is nine months old today. She is getting so big and yet it truly seems like we have had her forever. I can not remember life before Maylee. I also can't believe it was only nine months ago that our little family was going through every sickness in the world. That seems like lifetimes ago. Maylee is such an amazing baby. At nine months she is starting to cruise along the couch, she is standing up and letting go, her balance isn't very great, she only stands for about 2 seconds, but she's getting it. She loves to eat big people food, she will have nothing to do with baby food, her favorite thing to eat is the ground beef in spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. She still is not sleeping through the night. She wakes up twice a night to eat, I'm exhausted. She is a Mama's girl, which secretly I just love. I love that she needs and wants me although she is starting to like her Dad a lot which makes me happy and sad because I just don't want her to end up like Dutch, who only likes his Dad. She claps her hands and babbles all the time. I love her so much and often times I just look at her and feel overwhelmed with how much I love her and if you are a mom I'm just sure you know exactly what I am talking about. She had her nine month well check today as well. At nine months they test the babies hemoglobins at her doctors office. And Maylee's are low, which isn't a big deal, it just means she has low iron, so she has to be on a special vitamin plus iron supplement until she is a year. And her stats are: weight 16 pounds even, which is the 8th percentile. So she is just a tiny little thing. She was 28 1/4 inches long, putting her in the 75th percentile and her head was 44 1/2 centimeters, that is in the 67th percentile. Which I am still so grateful that she doesn't have a huge head. I'm starting to relax and think that she isn't going to end up with a big head. Anyways she is just such a joy in our lives. We all love her so much. Here she is at nine months, she's playing in the curtains.

5 comments:

Cindy Carroll said...

I know exactly how you feel....that's how i feel about my first baby girl too. :)
Cute Picture.....

Carroll Farm said...

cute pic. glad you are all enjoying your health. maybe you will get a break for a while with the sickness. just know that a bug is going around again...
hope to see you soon.

Arizona Nielsens said...

What a super sweet girl!! She is too cute.

jadie said...

what a darling little girl! give her a big kiss for us!!

Jordan said...

Oh, what a cutie! My little Kayten was the same way with baby food...she wanted nothing to do with it. So, I literally skipped baby food and went to adult food. She seems to be just fine.