Friday, November 21, 2008
Twilight
So I went and saw the movie Twilight last night. And if you haven't seen it yet you might not want to read this. I'm not giving anything away. I just I'm stating my opinion. And a lot of people probably won't agree with me but just remember it's my opinion. I did not love the movie. I liked it and I really want to see it again when I am not in a movie theater full of obnoxious teenage girls that scream every time a Cullen is shown. (That is very annoying and distracting to watching a movie, anyways I learned my lesson about seeing a movie on opening night.) Now as far as the movie went, I was really disappointed. I felt like if you haven't read the book you wouldn't be able to follow the movie. Which personally I don't think it should be that way. And I really thought that the acting was not good. I felt like it was a really low budget movie. I think it could have been good with maybe a better director and better actors. But it seemed so low budget and just, I can't say it enough, bad acting. They kept showing the actors faces so close, it was like, hello, take a step back. And it didn't follow the story line, which I understand that they can't have everything from the book in a movie but I felt like they left out important things. Important things that help you to understand the Cullens. Anyways I feel like people that heard all the hype from the book but didn't read it and just see the movie will not understand what all the excitement was about. And now remember my opinion, but I think Edward in the movie is not attractive at all. To me his uglier than he is cute. And I think that the Edward in the movie came across as retarded. In the book he is so smart and really good with words. And in the movie I felt like he was really slow and well just on the dumb side. Anyways, I think everyone should see it and get there own opinions. But that was mine. Like I said I want to see it again minus the annoying teenagers. I think that will help me to like it better. So let me know what you think. I am really curious to see if I am the only one who felt this way. Hopefully not, I hope everyone can just love it but I just did not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yeah, I'm going to wait to see it. I don't really want to because I do NOT like who they picked for Edward...I'm sure I'll see it just to satisfy my curiosity but I agree with you on most of what you said and I haven't even seen it yet! I've heard it was mainly geared towards the younger girls and that they could have done better. Go figure, MTV did it! Hopefully they don't do the next ones as well...:( I guess they're going to have to keep the same people though.
I liked it but the acting was major cheeseball. It wasn't the Cullens that were so cheesy to me, it was all the friends at the high school, they annoyed the heck out of me. It was good enough to see again for a Twilight lover and luckily I think it will make enough to warrant another movie. Hopefully with a bigger budget they may get the next movie a bit more professional looking.
I had a wonderful time last night at the movie. It was so much fun to be there with everyone. And I loved the movie I thought that it was awesome and cannot wait to see it again and for them to make New Moon into a movie too.
Breezy,
You make me laugh. I know exactly what your talking about. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have seen movies like your describing and it's kind of a bummer! I need someone to go with me because My hubby won't even go near that movie. I can't not watch it, it's like not finding out if your having a girl or a boy to me. I will be pretty bummed if it's lame! I agree that the Edward they chose is just not cute. What were they thinking?
low budget for sure. and super cheesy especially for the 1st 30 minutes! but I still ended up liking it, maybe it's because I didn't have very high expectations for the movie to begin with. I went with 2 friends that hadn't read the books and 2 that did and the ones that didn't read it said they understood it all. And one of them really loved it. I'm with you on the Edward thing too but I think he seemed slow because of that accent. It's a hard role to play I bet.Nobody in real life could master his role. I liked Bella besides her random convulsions. low budget and not so great acting but still I think they managed to protray the bond between Edward and Bella really well maybe that is why I left not totally disappointed. I hope the next 3 movies get better!!! maybe you should have just joined in with the tweenies and you would have enjoyed it more!! ha ha!!! :)
You gave the exact review I would. Totally cheesy, hard to follow, I was disappointed (but the group of girls I was with loved it). Oh well hopefully the others won't be so low budget.
Amen to that! I agree with you
I agree with you Breezy! I am on the same page as you in regards to Edward and the very annoying teenagers screaming and talking through out the whole entire movie. Oh well I guess that is what we get for going opening night/morning.
Hmmm? I am really curious now. I read the books and havn't seen the movie yet, but only heard great reviews until now. However, when I saw the previews, I was thinking it wasn't going to live up to the hype. (I am thinking you might be right!) I guess I will have to see for myself when I am feeling up to it. Which may be when it is out on video, at this point!;)
Post a Comment