Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Merry Christmas
We had a wonderful and very merry Christmas. Our festivities started on Christmas eve at David's parents house in the afternoon. We spent a few hours on Christmas eve with the Lazenby's since we wouldn't be seeing them on Christmas day. (We have begun rotating families to save us from having a miserable Christmas day in the car.) Anyways we exchanged gifts, enjoyed each others company and then headed off to my parents house for their Christmas party. Davids mom got Dutch one of those indestructible DVD players which of course he thinks is the coolest thing ever and my mom got Dutch a little grocery cart for Christmas and he absolutely adores it. He pushes it everywhere.
Christmas morning David, Maylee and I woke up bright and early and then waited for Dutch to wake up. David wanted to wake him up but I wouldn't let him because I wanted him to be in a good mood for the rest of the day. So we waited a couple of hours for Dutch to wake up and then we headed off to my parents house for a big Christmas breakfast. The one tradition that I definitely want David and I to do for Christmas is to have a big breakfast, I really don't care about the dinner I just want us to have a big breakfast. And my Dad came through. We had a ton of food and it was delicious. After breakfast I was in charge of aerobics. We wanted to have a 'Dan in Real Life' Christmas, with a bunch of activities. So I was the aerobics instructor and it was a ton of fun. After that we all got ready for the day and then sucked into a puzzle. And we pretty much worked on the puzzle for the rest of the day. But over all it was a great Christmas.
We had an excellent surprise for our family on Christmas morning. This year for Christmas David and I decided not to do presents for our small family. Not so much out of choice but more out of necessity. I won't go into it but lets just leave it at things are tight and Christmas didn't come at a convenient time. Well Christmas morning I got an anonymous text telling me that Christmas was at our front door. At first I thought it was one of those spam text messages that I sometimes get. But when it came a second time David decided to check it out. And to our great surprise there were presents on our door step. We were extremely grateful for the wonderful generosity and thoughtfulness of such a gift. And it was fun for the kids (or I should say Dutch) to open.

Christmas night after we got home from all of our activities we took Christmas down. David and I were both so ready to have our house back to normal, so we didn't wait at all. It was a fun Christmas and I'm just sure it'll feel like next Christmas will be here again tomorrow. Anyways, I brought my camera to my parents house Christmas day so that I could get a lot of great photos but I forgot my battery to my camera, so these are pretty much the only pictures I have, so sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
fun Christmas.
I am sure your mom got great pictures tho!
Post a Comment