We are however excited to move up to Henderson, where we will only be a two and half hour car ride from Zions National Park. I am already planning our first camping trip there.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Another Camping Trip
For Memorial Day weekend we went camping again. This time we decided to try a different spot and headed up to Payson. Or I should say David and Eric headed up to Payson with all four kids Friday night and Jenny and I met them up there on Saturday evening. It was a very last minute decision, I kept thinking that the boys would back out and not take the kids but nope they were determined and I was proud of them. Jenny and I had to take the youth to the temple for Baptisms on Saturday, so we got to stay behind and play all Friday night.

David called me Saturday morning to let me know that it rained all night long and unfortunately we borrowed a very old tent from my Dad and it rained inside the tent all night. David woke up to rain in the tent and enough water in there that Dutch's flip flops were floating around the air mattress. Too bad David isn't very good at taking pictures because I would have loved to see that. I even asked if him and Eric were just going to head home after all that. They both got a little offended by that, they were having fun, just in desperate need for a laundry mat to dry all of our belongings.
Jenny and I made it up to Payson Saturday evening. It poured the last 30 minutes of our drive and we were both amazed that the guys had survived that weather with the four kids. Fortunately it only rained in the evenings and they had a nice dry day. Once us girls arrived we set up the extra tent I had brought and we all hung out in there (which happened to be the smallest tent) for the reminder of the evening to get out of the rain and enjoy each others company.
Sunday morning we woke up to no rain, just sunshine, which was a relief and we just spent an enjoyable day hanging out around our camp site. Dutch and Savannah had a ton of fun exploring, making up their own rules to bocce ball and riding on mini quads. The high light of the kids trip was playing in the truck that David and I got to borrow from his Dad, which we were exteremly grateful for.





Over all it was a great trip and we loved being able to have once last mini vacation with Eric and Jenny before we all move away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the great time. Savannah sure loves Dutch and was quite mad at us that we came home without him at the end of the trip. We'll be ready to meet you in Southern Utah anytime!
Post a Comment