Sunday, May 17, 2009

David finally graduated from ASU on Friday. It was such a great day! I am so proud of him. It has definitely been a long road for our family, which makes for an even more exciting graduation. He wasn't too sure he wanted to walk with his class. But I really wanted him too and apparently I'm very persuasive, so he walked. Graduation was long and the kids were not enjoying themselves very much but it was so exciting to see him walk across the stage and recieve his Bachelors degree. Good job David! Unfortunately we didn't get a picture with Maylee in it because she was sound asleep in my Dad's arms. After wards we had a party for David over at his parents house with our families. Thanks for everyone who came to help us celebrate. I am so excited for him to be done at ASU. Now we get to look forward to starting the next phase of our lives, Medical School. As of right now we are still planning on moving to Nevada in July. We are excited to get started and I am sure that his graduation after Medical School will be even more exciting.
I just have to post this last picture because it's just too cute. David's brother Darren had knee surgery during David's graduation. So during the party that evening he just hung out in his room at his parents house, where we had the party. He put on a disney movie and pretty soon he had every single one of his nieces and newphes hanging out with him on his bed. It was pretty cute.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

way to go David! graduation is a great day! It is a big accomplishment for your whole family. Very exciting :o)

sarah said...

Congratulations!!! I know how exciting it is when your husband finally finishes. Michael did not want to walk either but I said hey I had to survive this too :) Good luck with medical school!

Skinners said...

Congrats to David! Med school will go by so fast! Seth is already in his final year of Dental school and we cannot believe where the time has gone! My little unsolicited advice, enjoy it! It is challenging and yet the best years of your lives!