Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dutch turns 3

Dutch celebrated his third birthday on Friday. Its the first birthday we have had since living away from family, so we didn't get to have a big birthday celebration but we did still manage to make it a very special day for Dutch. This is the first year that he has anticipated his birthday. He has had his eye on Gordon the train for quite some time now, so we kept telling him that he could get it for his birthday. So every morning he has been asking if it is today and then reminding us that he wants Gordon for his birthday.
Helping make his birthday cake.
For lunch we took him to ChuckE Cheese. It was so much fun. We let him choose all the games to play and he loved it. Maylee just enjoyed putting the tokens in the correct slots.
I really can't believe that he is already three years old. These past 3 years have flown by. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful, sweet little boy. I love you baby boy.
(I was a terrible Mom and got very few pictures. I sometimes wish I could have a photographer follow our family around and snap pictures that way I wouldn't have to worry about it.)

3 comments:

jadie said...

happy birthday dutch!! it looks like you had a very fun day! we are so glad you are the big 3 years old!!! and we are so happy for you that you got your gordon:) love you!!

Arizona Nielsens said...

Happy Birthday Dutch!! We wish we were there to celebrate with you. Looks like he had a grand time!

Dawn Walterscheid said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUTCH!!! I love the part when you and David say good when Dutch tells you he found Gordon and if you listen you can hear Maylee say good as well after you two say it. She says it in her little voice too cute! Well I am glad he had a happy birthday and yes it is hard to believe that he is 3. I hate to tell you but before you know it he will be 8! love and miss you all!