Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dutch Update

It's been awhile since I have given an update about just Dutch and today as I was watching him and thinking about his silly little things that make him Dutch, I thought I should write them down so I'll never forget them. First off, Dutch has this thing about things or himself being wet. I thought the older he got he would out grow this but not yet. If he happens to spill even a drop of water onto his shirt he has to change it. If his glass has water on the outside of it he won't drink out of it or even touch it until it has been dried off. But he loves to swim and he loves to take a bath, but when it is time to be dry, he needs to be completely dry. Lately his favorite thing to do is to tease Maylee. It's sad that the big brother tormentor develops at such a young age. The louder Maylee cries or screams the funnier it is to him. He has to be dressed, he is not one to run around in his underwear, that only happens on very rare occasions. The first thing he does in the morning even before he goes pee, he gets dressed. He always gets out of bed before I do and I always know he is awake by the sound of his dresser drawers opening. But ironically he doesn't like to sleep in pajamas, he prefers to just sleep in his underwear. He loves to have family dinner in the evenings and not for the food but for the conversation. He loves to ask everyone how their day was. Every single Sunday he cries and screams that he doesn't want to go to church, this mostly has to do with having to wear a button up shirt and tie. But he always has so much fun and loves to show us what he colored in primary. About the button up shirt, he will not wear them period, except on Sundays when he his pinned down by his dad and forced to put one on. Nor will he wear a collard shirt, he likes plain T-shirts. Dutch hates change. He doesn't handle change well at all. He got so upset every time we told him that we were moving into a new house that we finally had to stop talking about it all together (although he loves the new house). When we buy him new clothes it takes him a few days before he will wear them because he is so afraid of the change. I use to hang all of his clothes up but I finally had to start folding them and putting them in his dresser for him to pick out so that he will pick out some of the new shirts. And he loves his baby sister Talli. He still just dotes on her and thinks she is the greatest thing ever. He is still in love with trains. He has a ton of Thomas trains, Geo Trax trains and a whole bunch of Thomas movies but he still doesn't think he has enough and that is the only toy he will ever ask for and the only one he wants to look at when he go to the store. He recently got some Thomas sheets for his new big boy and he won't allow me to put a blanket over his sheets and cover up Thomas (I can't believe I didn't' see that one coming). He is still a Daddy's boy. He is such a great kid and he sure love him a lot, we are so glad that he is apart of our family.

No comments: