Thursday, August 19, 2010
We haven't been up to too much lately. Mostly because going anywhere with three kids makes me feel like I am going to go insane. I love my kids, but it is really hard to go to a public place with three kids, three and under. Lucky for us we just moved into a new house at the beginning of the month and the kids are much happier here. Dutch and Maylee now have separate rooms. I was afraid it was going to be a huge adjustment for them not sleeping in the same room but it has been fine. Well they do want to get in bed with David and I a bit more but other than that they are doing ok. And it is so wonderful to be back in a single story house. Its amazing how much better the kids play here then they did in the two story. They use to follow me around from floor to floor and would not play on the level I wasn't on. But now they play in their rooms by themselves all the time. I sometimes have to go looking for them to make sure they are ok. I was just so use to them being under my feet all the time that it still amazes me that they are just playing in their rooms so well. But they are also enjoying the ease of being able to carry ALL of their toys out into the living room with out the stairs getting in the way.
We gave up having an office and now we just have the computer in the living room, which I love. Its so nice not having that one room that gets all the junk that we don't want to have to deal with tossed into. Now everything has to be organized and dejunked. I love it! And now that the computer is more easily accessible Dutch has learned how to use the mouse. So now he can do Starfall with Maylee. Although his new obsession is "PBSGeorge" as he calls it. They love playing games on the computer. But now instead of having to limit TV time, I have to limit computer time. I didn't think that would happen at such a young age.
I started potty training Maylee again. It wasn't going so good the first couple of days. She didn't care at all if she made it to the toilet and she had no remorse for peeing on the floor. I was feeling so defeated and frustrated. Then a week ago and some days she started peeing on the living room floor and then took of running. So I had to get on my hands and knees and feel the whole carpet to find all the wet spots to clean them up and I was doing this while I was bawling. Yes I know pathetic but I was just so mad. But apparently that is what Maylee needed. I guess she needed to finally see her mom have a melt down because she hasn't had an accident in the house since then. Yeah! She did pee on Barnes and Noble floor the other day but it truly was an accident. And then we were at a friends party last Saturday and Maylee wanted to go home and we told her nope not yet. So a few minutes later she was standing by David and she started peeing and while she was peeing she looked up and David and said, "I go pee pee in my panties, we need to go home." She is such a snot! (But thankfully we were outside in the grass during this incident.) But other then that she has been pretty much accident free for a week. I'm excited.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment