Sunday, August 1, 2010
We are finally back from all of our summer vacations and moved into our new house. There is still a ton left to do here but all I feel like doing is sitting down and updating my blog. So I'll start with our trip to California. We went with David's family and we camped on the beach for a week. It was a blast! We had so much fun playing in the sand, laying out, boogie boarding, eating, visiting, jogging, relaxing and most especially playing with cousins.
Dutch loved running in the waves, it didn't scare him at all and the cold water didn't even phase him.
Maylee and Dutch playing and digging in the sand.
Lucky for us Maylee had a great deal of respect for the ocean and would not play in the water unless she was holding tightly to someones hand.
One fun thing about a little girl on the beach is everyday is like Easter with an Easter egg hunt searching for pretty rocks and shells. I loved shell hunting with Maylee and my nieces and watching how excited they got over every new shell they found.
Maylee and I also had a great time catching and running from the waves.
Talli even had fun, I did however sunburn her face pretty good the first day there, I felt terrible. But she enjoyed taking naps on the beach and watching everyone playing around her.
Playing with cousins.
And Dutch literally 'fell' asleep on his cousin Ashley. After we got back to our camp we hosed the sand off of them and sat them in the chair wrapped in towels and he 'fell' asleep.
I truly enjoy watching David and his brothers together. I love watching them tease each each other, having serious discussions and just playing with each other.
Boogie Boarding... Dawn was able to convince me to get out and boogie board with her and it was a blast. I was having so much fun until a wave wiped me out. I literally thought to myself when it took me out "I hope someone saw where I crashed." I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to find the surface, it was so scary, so that was pretty much the last big wave a caught.
And despite David's fear of the ocean his brothers were able to get him out on a boogie board. And he had fun.
Family photos. I tried getting a picture of just the three kids but Maylee would not cooperate. But Dutch and Talli look pretty cute together.
While we were in Cali Jadie and I jogged together a couple of times. The last time we went we jogged down the coast, it was gorgeous weather and beautiful scenery. We started jogging and when we got to two miles Jadie asked if I wanted to turn back since I have only been jogging four miles since Talli has been born. I told her I still feel great so lets keep going. When we got to four miles I started thinking alright now I have to run four miles back. Jadie asked if I wanted to keep going, I could tell she did because running is totally her thing. I still felt ok, so we decided to run five miles and then turn around and make it a total of ten. And I am so proud to admit that I actually ran ten miles. I'll also admit that I didn't keep up with Jadie, she was faster than me but thats ok. I never once stopped and walked, I just kept going. That was the first time I have ever jogged that far. I use to do six miles but that was it and since I have had Talli I had only worked my way up to four. But it was such a mental conquer for me. That's the one thing about running that you have to realize, it's all mental. And I conquered the mental.
After our fun time camping on the beach, since we were so close and already in California we just couldn't not go see Jenny and Eric. I of course was lame and didn't get any photos. But we had fun visiting and laughing Sunday night and swimming Monday morning before the trek home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
cute pics breez. LOVE family vaycays. ;)
Post a Comment