I finally finished Maylee's quilt. This project took me forever because I had a specific idea in my mind and it just wasn't turning out the way I saw it in my head. So after taking the quilt completely apart two times and completely redoing it, it is finally done and I love it. I wanted the quilt to turn out to be something that I would love and like having on her bed and also something that Maylee will use. Maylee will not use any blanket unless it is the super soft stuff, either flannel, fleece or mink. So to compromise, I made the top of the quilt exactly how I wanted it and then did the back of the quilt in mink fabric, a little bit more expensive but I knew she'd use it and love it. And it is super adorable fabric. I didn't even put a single stitch through the mink fabric other than binding it, that way she'd have nothing to complain about, just a super soft blanket. I just quilted the top of the quilt to the batting and binded the back on. It turned out quite nicely.
3 comments:
So beautiful, Breezy! I feel like I need to make a new one for Talli because it is certainly not perfect!! Great job. I'm sure Maylee will love it!
Nice job Martha! It looks amazing! What a lucky girl Maylee is!
SOOOOO CUTE!!! awesome job. it is fantastic. i wanna do one. did you just make up your pattern?
Post a Comment