Sunday, February 27, 2011

Maylee's Birthday Guests!

Mimi and Grandpa came up to visit for Maylee's birthday. They came in the day after her birthday so she got to have two little parties. The kids absolutely love when Grandparents come to visit them so they had a blast all weekend long. Friday when they got into town, we hung out at home and let the kids visit and play. Grandpa played a lot of Wii sports games with Dutch and Dutch loved every second of it. Later in the afternoon we let the kids open their presents. And yes I said kids, Dutch got gifts too, I guess the is the perk of living out of town, you get spoiled when Grandparents come up. My mom brought Fawn's gifts up for her, Maylee got a beloved unicorn pillow pet and my little ponies from Grandma, Dutch got another spider man toy and some spider man swim trunks. Maylee got a Cinderella carriage and a stuffed puppy from Mimi and Grandpa, I thought she'd like the Cinderella carriage I just didn't realize how much Dutch would love it too. Dutch got a dinosaur biting toy, which David loves, haha!
Then we had cake and ice cream for her. Lets just say we all ate way to much sweets that weekend. Saturday morning I had to do my last super long run before my race. The morning was raining and dreary. So I ran 6 miles on my treadmill and then I met up with my friend and we ran 6 miles outside, by then it was just drizzling a little and it was actually a lot of fun to run in cloudy weather. Then I ran over three miles by myself back to my house and my dad ran the last three miles with me. It was fun to run with my Dad. After an 18.71 mile run David thought it'd be a great to go see the train tunnels. Sounds great, it was only a two mile walk round trip. I actually felt fine, it was no big deal doing it except by that point the wind had really picked up and it was a cold wind. The kids had fun for about the first 1/4 of a mile and then Maylee was carried the rest of the way and Dutch was saying that his legs hurt. So all in all not super successful but it was still just fun to be with my parents.
So after our hike we headed home, everyone took a nap, even if it was just a short cat nap for some. Then we spent the rest of the evening playing card games and the Wii.
Sunday my parents attended church with us and it couldn't have worked out more perfectly because Dutch was asked to give a talk in primary that Sunday, so they got to be there for that. All in all it was a great visit. Maylee kept saying she wanted to go with them when they left, that was very sad.

No comments: