Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It finally happened Thomas & Friends has been replaced. I really didn't think this day would come for a few more years and I was actually pretty sad that it has come to an end. The biggest reason that I am sad is because I decided at Christmas time that I was just going to embrace the fact that Dutch loves Thomas and get him more Thomas toys for Christmas and not even try and get him to like any other toy. Then at Christmas Stormy and Spenser taught us how to use our Wii with the Internet. When we got home from Christmas the first thing David did was get Netflix on our Wii, which we love. About 3 weeks ago David put on a Spider man cartoon from Netflix on for Dutch to watch and apparently it was love at first episode. He loves Spider man and it makes David so happy and excited. Although I do have a few concerns, first is that Dutch has told me that he wants a spider to bite him so that he can be like Spider man, we have brown recluse's and black widow's around here so you can understand what my concern with that one is, second, he wants to buy the Spider man suit so he can climb on the walls and ceiling, my concern with this is the level of disappointment that he will feel when he realizes getting the Spider man suit won't actually make him be able to do that and third he wants the web shooter so we can swing from the webs, same concern as before, he'll be so let down to know that he can't actually swing from spider webs. Now my favorite things about Spider man replacing Thomas are, one, the toys are so much cheaper, a few Spider man figurines and he's set, no tracks and no friends to go along with it, second the cartoons are more entertaining and third his Dad thinks it's so cool. So our Thomas & Friends days are over, at least for awhile, I don't think that we have really seen the last of them but for now his life revolves around Spider man. Talli is getting to be quite the little climber. She has figured out how to climb into her bumbo, although once she gets into it she can't figure out how to turn around and sit correctly in it. She can climb up onto Maylee's little chair and sit down correctly all by herself. And she can climb up onto my dishwasher and "help" me unload the dishes.

2 comments:

K&S said...

Talli is soooo cute!

Nancy said...

So cute! What a beautiful munchkin helper =)