Saturday, August 27, 2011

David wanted to head to Lowe's today to look at wood. I wasn't very excited about the activity but better that then stay at home. So we loaded up the kids and headed out. When we got there I kept seeing all these kids walking out the store dress in a Lowe's apron and carrying a project. I finally asked someone what was going on. They said twice a month on Saturday they have a FREE craft day for kids. Who knew!?! So we headed to the back to let the kids build a craft. The craft of the day was a wooden locker. The kids each got their own apron, goggles and craft. They each grabbed a mini hammer, found a table and went to work. It was so fun. Dutch of course thought it was great to be able to hammer in nails like his Dad. Talli was a bit scary using her hammer but she loved it.
Dutch hard at work... Maylee hard at work... And Talli hard at work... David looks a little scared in these photos. Talli was crazy with that hammer. I think she actually got him in the face once. The completed project. And they even got a certificate when they finished. It was so much fun. Who knew going to Lowe's to look at wood would be so much fun.

No comments: