Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's no secret that I love to read. In fact that might not even be a strong enough phrase to describe me and reading. I'm OBSESSED with reading. I adore books, I don't love to borrow books because having to give them back makes me sad. I can read the same book over and over again, (David does not understand this). The only thing in my life that I can truly and completely get lost in, and escape all reality is through books. I don't actually allow myself the pleasure of reading very often because I get so obsessed with my books that I tune everything out. Everything that was important and number one on my list is completely forgotten with the first page of a book. I tune out my kids, my husband, my house, everything. And I can't just read a chapter a day, if I start a book, its a 100% guarantee that I will stop everything in my life to finish my book, usually taking only 1-2 days to read a book, any size. Hence the reason I don't read too often now that I have kids, they get very neglected until my book is finished. Well someone loaned me a book a while ago and I finally decided that I had some time to devote to my book so I started reading. And Talli was JEALOUS! She felt neglected and she did not appreciate it. Every time I sat down to read my book she would go find one of her own and insist that I read her book with her instead of my own. If I was to involved and didn't read her book to her standard, she would give up having me read to her and she would just look at the pages in her book. My other kids never seem to mind to much when I read but Talli was not a fan. I think she decided to see what was so great about my book anyways...

No comments: