Last summer I really wanted David to build a trundle bed for Dutch. I can't remember if I ever even posted about that. So he built Dutch's bed. He did such a great job and I loved it. David built it and I stained it, team work :). But he didn't have time to build the trundle part of the bed. So a year later he finally got to work and built the trundle. And it only took less than 48 hours. About a mouth ago David was driving home from his church meetings and saw an old trundle in the trash. So he got it out of the trash, brought it home, it was ugly I hated it but he said he could use parts of it to save us money, I loved that idea. So he built it. Now Dutch's bed is all complete and we have an extra bed for someone to sleep on if we ever were to get company (hint hint family). Although we don't have the mattress yet give us a month to work on that. Anyways here is the work in progress and the final result.
And yes the kids took their job very seriously of helping Daddy. And I love that David never gets annoyed with them even though they seriously slow him down.

Staining...

Finished. And yes I'm lame and Dutch has never had a twin size blanket. One day... And yes his bed is not made(sigh). Life....
No comments:
Post a Comment