Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rue

Let me introduce you to the newest member of our family, Rue.
Now I am sure a lot of people are thinking, "what the crap?" but yes it is true we are giving a puppy another try. She is a Yorkie mix. Maylee has been BEGGING for a puppy for about 8 months now. And being the loving parents that we are we want to see our little girl happy. And so we caved. I can't say we are regretting our decision because we all love Rue and enjoy having her. The only thing that has us worried is her safety. After Maylee begging for a puppy and wanting one for so long we figured she'd be great with it. Well that is so NOT the case. Maylee does not really get that she is a living being who can easily be broken or killed. She loves her too much and at the same time is so mean to her. Dutch and Talli are amazing with her and it is the cutest thing the world to hear Talli walking around the house calling for "ewww, ewww, ewww". But Maylee is a piece of work. She never wants to set her down, which is ok as long as she is holding her nicely. But when Maylee gets mad, she'll just go up and kick Rue. The other day I was positive she broke her leg. I was in my bathroom getting ready and all of the sudden I can hear Rue screaming. So I run down the hall, fling open Maylee's door and grab Rue out of Maylee's arm, and all the while this poor puppy still has not stopped screaming. I can instantly tell that her back leg is hurting. So I just sit down with her and try to calm her first of all. After about a minute she finally stops screaming, so then I start trying to check her leg to see if its broken. She would not walk on it or even put it down at all. After about five minutes she finally started walking on it and was fine. But it sure scared me. I made Maylee tell me what happened and she said she put her in her oven in her play kitchen. My Dad was here this weekend for my birthday and while he was here he walked out into my living room and Maylee had stuff Rue in a ziploc bag. Luckily she didn't have it zipped closed. So I have to watch out for that. If this puppy survives the first year of her life I'm sure she is going to make a great addition to our family. She's as cute as can be and super playful. Here's hoping.
I took a picture of her by a can so that you can try to see just how tiny she is.

1 comment:

Arizona Nielsens said...

I am extra surprised you got a puppy!!! How fun, but how scary with Maylee. Was she that aggressive when Talli was born? Maybe you need another baby instead of a dog!