Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Swing Set
David was able to find an old swing set that was being given away for free. It wasn't in very good condition but it was able to be salvaged. It was from an old hotel park. The swings weren't savable but the frame was. So David brought it home and fixed it up and bought a little swing to attach to it and ta da, Dutch now has his own little swing set. And he loves it. He whines at the back door all day long to be swung. So we spend a lot of time out there. He use to be able to play in the yard by himself and stay entertained but now he demands that I stay out there and swing him all day long. But I am very excited that he has a swing set. It's not completely finished yet, we only have one swing on it and David hasn't finished painting it. I told him I at least wanted him to paint it and make it look nice, since it looked pretty dumpy and it is looking a lot better. Eventually in time we want to get a big kid swing for it and maybe a slide. We'll see what happens.
David and Dutch are filling the holes back in. Well, David is filling in the holes and Dutch is eating the dirt. He's so weird.
Putting it up.
Dutch enjoying his new swing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! I love how you guys get EVERYTHING for free! :)
your grass is gorgeous. I want a swing set soo bad.. but our backyard is teeny!
Post a Comment