Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Big Boy Bed and Bath time

Dutch slept in his big boy bed for the very first time last night. The bed is almost completely finished being built it just needed the drawer fronts on it and then it will be done. But it is taking up so much space in the garage that David finally just brought it into the house yesterday and said we can just finish it in there. (Which gives us a lot more incentive to get it done). Well Dutch was so excited to have a big boy bed in his room. He played on it all day long yesterday, he thought it was pretty cool. But when bed time rolled around he didn't like it very much anymore. I think that it scared him to be sleeping in something different all by himself. We put him to bed like we do every night but he cried and cried and cried in there. So I finally went and laid down with him and then he was fine but I wanted to leave before he fell asleep that way he knew it was ok to be in there by himself. After I left he got up a total of three times that we had to put him back in there but after the third time he feel asleep, it only took like 20 minutes so not bad at all. But then he woke up at 1am and came into our room. So David just let him sleep with us. We are going to have to put a stop to that. I think I'll just lay down with him in his bed in the middle of the night if he keeps waking up. Now I am really excited to make him a little quilt for his bed. I have been going through all of my old pottery barn magazines trying to find the quilt that I want to make, I think I know how I want to do it but I'm not sure yet. But I sure am excited to make him one. My goal right now is to get Dutch sleeping in his big boy bed every night and then we will move Maylee in there. I want to wait at least a week or two to move Maylee in there because I don't want Dutch to feel like Maylee is stealing his crib. So hopefully by the end of this month they will both being sleeping in there together. But now I really want to redo their bedroom, I want to some how make it look like a girl room and a boy room not just one or the other. Right now it looks totally boy, so I've got to work on that. I'll post another picture of the bed when it's all done. Dutch always wants to be doing want ever Maylee is doing. Especially when she is taking a bath. He loves to take a bath and he doesn't find it fair at all that she should be able to take a bath with out him. So today I let him get in the tub with her. He loved helping me wash her. He got his own washcloth and kept helping me as I was washing her. It was really cute.

3 comments:

Stormy and Spenser said...

Aw how cute! I can't believe Dutch is big enough for a big boy bed! :) Gosh...how the time flies! Remember when I first met Dutch..and you first met Spenser? awww.. ha ha

Kim's just sayin' said...

I have that same problem trying to decorate for a boy/girl room. I bet yours will turn out so cute. Love the bed too.

Arizona Nielsens said...

Way to go Dutch! What a big boy! And good job being persistent in putting him in his bed all evening.