Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Half a year old

Maylee reached her sixth month mark on Sunday. She had her 6 month well check today. I can't believe she is already getting to be so big. Her stats are:
  • Weight: 14lbs 6oz... 18 percentile
  • Height: 25 and 1/4 inches long.... 39 percentile
  • Head: 43 centimeters... 66 percentile
So she is just a little peanut with a slightly bigger head. She is such a fun baby and I am so grateful to have her as part of our family. Her doctor did say that she is extremely advanced in her mobility. She has been rolling and scooting since four months, and she started army crawling a few weeks ago. She is now getting up on her hands a knees to crawl more, although she still hasn't really mastered it, she only goes forward about two paces and then she's down and then up again. But a few days ago she will go from her hands and knees to a sitting position. She sits up all by herself, she still supports herself with one hand but she's doing it, she can sit unsupported if I put her in the sitting position. Her and Dutch are already getting into little fits with each other. If Maylee has something Dutch is quick to steal it from her and then she just sobs and sobs. And if Dutch is laying on the floor playing Maylee always crawls to him and grabs at him which makes him so mad sometimes. The other day my mom was over here and she put Maylee her her pack in play, which we hadn't lowered yet, anyways we were watching her from short distance away, when all of the sudden she sat up, grabbed the side of the pack in play and pulled her self up and almost over the side. We lowered the bed that night so she couldn't pull herself out of it. She is a pretty happy baby, however she is a bit of a momma's girl and tends to cry if somebody else tries to hold her, which I don't mind at all that she's a mommas girl, Dutch is such a Daddy's boy that I wanted one to myself. She quit taking a pacifier or a bottle a couple of months ago. She now sucks her thumb, which is pretty cute right now, but I'm not going to like if she it's a habit that she keeps until she's three or four. Anyways she is such a joy in our lives and I am so happy to have her. I love her so much. I was trying to get a good picture of her but she doesn't cooperate very well, she doesn't believe in being still.

4 comments:

sarah said...

Maylee has the brightest blue eyes! Such a cutie. I think 2nd kids have to be mobile sooner, they have an older sibling to run from! Haha

Arizona Nielsens said...

What a cute little girl! Our girls are very alike... almost exactly the same size even though Vanessa is 2 months younger. I am still amazed at how mobile she is!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Wow you guys have been busy! I love camping we are going next month. Only we are cheating and staying in a camper trailer in Vernon on our 5acre property right next to the National Forest. I love P90X it Kicks Butt!! It has been a few weeks since I have done it but when I do I seriously can not move! I love that feeling! I have been doing Turbo Jam right now..it is fun! When I moved my boys into thier big boy beds. I started at nap time. And I would ask them if they wanted to sleep in the big bed. And they would say yes with in a few days they slept there at night too with no problems. I also made them special blankets for their new big beds and that helped them realize how special the bed was. Both Ben and Quade where 14months old when they started sleeping in big beds. For me it was easy they were so excited to have a new bed..but every kids is different and some take longer then others to adjust to change! They grow so fast!! When they finally graduated to a big bed I felt like crying cause they were growing up too fast.

Cindy Carroll said...

ohhhh...look at my cute little grandbaby girl....she's so stinkin cute....