Wednesday, August 6, 2008

24 years and a lot more to come

I have seen this done on a couple of blogs. Some people have done this for their birthdays and others just for fun, they wrote 100 random things about themselves and I thought it was just so cute, so I put the idea in the back of my mind so I could remember to do that for myself when my birthday rolled around. Well today is the day, so I'm going to share 100 random things about myself. So here goes... Happy Birthday to me.
  1. I don't like to paint my toes a color, I like having a French pedicure but not the whole nail colored.
  2. Driving terrifies me
  3. I memorized the Proclamation to the World when I was 18
  4. I've never had a cavity (knock on wood)
  5. I love cook books, I collect cook books, but I am not very good at cooking so therefore I don't really like to cook
  6. I am obsessed with hands. I have never really liked my hands but I absolutely love watching other peoples hands. I can pretty much remember ever person who was significant in my life, what their hands looked like.
  7. I hate to carry purses
  8. If I am walking next to a person I have to walk on their left side, I can Not walk on the right, it feels really funny and I just can't do it.
  9. I've had four pet chickens in my life, one I raised from an egg and it lived in my house with me
  10. My favorite thing to order at a restaurant is a salad and it's not because I am trying to eat healthy but I truly love salads yet I hardly ever eat them because I only think they taste really good when someone else makes them
  11. I don't like to stay up late, I would rather go to bed early and wake up early, David and I are exact opposite on this
  12. I hate ketchup, the smell of it makes me nauseous and if it gets on my hands it makes me freak out
  13. I love musicals, especially going to plays like at Tuacahn
  14. I am not very good at talking on the phone, I wish I where better but since I am not I don't keep in touch with friends like I would like to
  15. I love to vacuum, I vacuum everyday sometimes more than once, I love vacuum lines and once I vacuum a room I just hate to have to walk in there and make a foot print on my lines
  16. I hated high school
  17. I loved college
  18. I love to have a clean fridge, it drives me crazy when it's disorganized
  19. I hate souvenirs, I think they're a huge waste of money, pictures are the best memories
  20. I love camping, I would go every month but sadly David doesn't get into it as much as I do
  21. I love hiking
  22. I want to be the best of friends with all my sister-in-laws
  23. I hate having piles of paper and clutter laying around, it stresses me out
  24. I love taking hot, burn your skin hot, showers
  25. I worry a lot about what other people think about me
  26. I love step aerobics
  27. My family are my favorite people to be with
  28. I have never lived out of Arizona
  29. I am terribly shy in a big group of people, I can't even answer a question in Relief Society because I feel so intimated, I've heard that I come across as snobby because I don't talk to people but it's really because I am so horribly shy
  30. I fear of dying young and not being able to raise my children
  31. My sister Stormy is one of my most favorite people in the whole world, I love being around her
  32. My favorite holiday has always been Thanksgiving b/c that is when all our extended family gets together and I can't think of a better way to spend my time than with family
  33. I use about 3 washcloths in my kitchen in one day, I believe a washcloth should only be used 2 or 3 times before you get another one
  34. I think my parents are the greatest people and truly feel blessed to have been born into their family
  35. I am a very paranoid person
  36. I am constantly picking my kids noses or wax out of their ears, it drives them crazy
  37. I am probably the easiest person to surprise, I never suspect anything
  38. I love having long hair
  39. I love watching our old family home videos from when I was a little girl
  40. I hate ironing, I hate wrinkle clothes but I hate ironing more than I hate wrinkled clothes
  41. I love to brush my teeth and I usually brush about 3 to 5 times a day
  42. I like to have things organized but I never know where to start so I always put it off
  43. For the first time in my life I can truly say that I am happy with my body and for those of you who really know me will know what a big deal that is
  44. I don't like to drink out of glass cups, I prefer plastic
  45. The first year of my marriage was the hardest year of my life
  46. I feel the same way about bath towels as I do about washcloths, they should only be used two maybe three times, that is why I have 26 towels for just David and I and I usually wash two loads of towels a week
  47. I prefer summer clothes over winter clothes. I know everyone always says that they love winter clothes where they can wear layers and cute sweaters. Not me I love shorts and flip flops and swimming suits.
  48. I love to ski
  49. Nectarines are my favorite fruit
  50. I haven't eaten chocolate or had a soda in eight years
  51. Digital cameras make me sad because you never get to see anybody else's pictures any more. I loved how with film camera when any one who would get a roll developed everyone was always so excited and we would all sit around and look at the whole roll
  52. I will not watch a scary movie, I don't see any reason in making myself scared
  53. I want to have a Golden Doodle one day
  54. I love getting TV episodes on DVD and watching the whole series
  55. My favorite color has always been blue, in high school my bedroom was painted blue and now that I have my own house my bedroom is still painted blue
  56. I love to play board games and card games
  57. I hate for my kids to watch TV
  58. I will only use blue ink pens
  59. The last time I wore earrings was on my wedding day almost four years ago
  60. I love doing physically demanding work, such as yard work
  61. I think pictures are the best wall decorations
  62. Christmas is my favorite holiday to decorate for, if I had the money I would go all out, I would even change my shower curtains to Christmas curtains
  63. I am afraid of the dark
  64. I love shoes although I don't own very many
  65. I am a huge money saver, by the time I was 17 I had saved 7000, from my part time waitressing job
  66. I love to play tennis, even though I'm not very good
  67. I do not like red meat
  68. I started doing a vigorous weight lifting routine three days a week, 4 months ago and I love it, I can't image ever stopping
  69. I want to hike the Grand Canyon rim to rim
  70. I feel like I am way to realistic of a person
  71. My blinds have to be shut as soon as it is dark outside, otherwise I feel like people are looking in at me, even the windows that face just my backyard
  72. I love writing in a journal, that's probably why I love blogging so much
  73. I have always wanted to go to Australia my whole life ever since I was a little girl, I hope to make it there one day
  74. I want to run in a marathon one day
  75. I waitressed for a total of four year and I loved it
  76. I love to swim and it drives me crazy to go to a pool and watch women who will not get their hair wet and have their makeup on, I mean come on play in the water
  77. I am such a "home body", I just enjoy being at home
  78. I am obsessed with books and reading
  79. I don't indulge in this very often but every once in a while I love to take a really long bath and just read a book
  80. I never want to disappoint my parents and I just hate every time that I ever have
  81. I love movies that make me cry
  82. My dishwasher has to be loaded a certain way, if David puts something in there "wrong" I am always changing it, and the dishes have to be completely rinsed off before going in there, there can not be a speck of food on anything
  83. I love to play with hair, Stormy always wanted to sit next to me in sacrament meeting cause she knew I would play with her hair the whole time
  84. I enjoy sewing and making quilts
  85. I am a country music girl through and through
  86. I don't like to be away from my kids, even just a few hours it makes me anxious
  87. I often give myself a headache from running my fingers through my hair so much
  88. David and I have only gone on two dates (that did not include going to the temple) since we have had Dutch by ourselves without the kiddos
  89. I never want my kids to have video games
  90. I enjoy refinishing furniture
  91. I like to sleep with one leg under the covers and one leg out of the covers
  92. I exercise six days a week, if I don't I feel stressed
  93. I love using coupons and seeing the savings at the end of a grocery receipt
  94. I like having things planned out, for instance I know that every Thursday I will mop my kitchen floor and every Monday my bathrooms get a very through cleaning
  95. I hate hearing people cuss
  96. I don't play team sports, I am no good at all
  97. Skittles and starbursts are my favorite candy
  98. I don't like to waste energy, I can't stand to have lights on in a room if no one is in there
  99. I tend to be more of a pessimistic person, I really want to and am trying to change that about myself
  100. Spring is my favorite time of the year
Wow that was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be but I am so glad that I was able to get it done.

8 comments:

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Happy Birthday!!
I never relaized you were four years younger than me. I loved reading through your list and seeing how many things we have in common. I remembered a lot of what you mentioned as well from getting to know you at school. That must have been hard thinking of all those things. So are you planning on going to see the Twilight movie opening day in Dec.??

jadie said...

breezy.. what a fun post.. i loved reading all of those things about you.. some i knew but alot i didnt.. what a great idea.. my favorite one was that you wanted to be the best of friends with all your sister in laws!!! i think we can make that happen!!! i hope you had a great birthday and i hope you have a absolutley fantasic year as a 24 year old! love ya!!!

sarah said...

Breezy, Happy birthday! I am glad to know I am not the only paranoid person out there. I love reading these lists about people.

Steven said...

Well Breezy, I can't believe you'd rather drink out of plastic than glass. One of the coolest things is to get the glass cup cold, then drink cold water from it with no ice! It's great! Going to bed early and getting up early is definitely my idea of a good day! Rim to Rim! let's get a hgue group and do it...also, start training for the half marathon in October and the Full marathon in January. That's what Meghan and I are doing now...! It was great to read up on your blog. Meghan and I read everything on everyones blogs! Have a great day!

Brandi Jo said...

Hope you had a Happy Birthday! It was fun to learn so much about you! I have one of those lists about 2/3's of the way completed. Maybe one day I'll get it done and post it! I am the same way with the dish washer!

Me and The Boys said...

Wow, I was surprised how much I learned about you in this post! Check out my blog when you get a chance... I posted pictures of dutch and the boys!

Carroll Farm said...

OH, so many things I knew, and so many that I was completely shocked by. :)
Maybe I should attempt this list - after I get back into the swing of things at work..

Shauna said...

Hey Breezy! I loved reading this. I totally knew a ton of these already about you. I seriously forget how much we have in common. When I do my list next month I am sure we'll have alot of the same things.