Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happenings...

David and I have started running. I really would like to get good at running and be able to run in a marathon and David enjoys running over most workouts, so it is the perfect solution for us. Right now we are going when he gets off work at about 5 or 6 and it is so so hot. And since we take the kids with us, we each get to push a stroller. We put the kids in just their diapers and take a squirt bottle to spray them so they won't get overheated. We are slow and not in great shape for running. And even through I am doing P90X, I am not in running shape. Its weight lifting and not cardio and boy do I realize that when I am running. Right now we are only running 2.6 miles. Not very far I know but we got to start somewhere, right? But we really enjoy our runs together, so hopefully we will keep it up. Dutch loves playing in our backyard, especially when Daddy is home from work to play with him. So we spend time every evening playing outside. Maylee is finally getting big enough to start being able to enjoy the fun toys out there. She is now big enough to sit in the swing, well she's still really tiny in it so we only push her just a little. And I put her in the wagon yesterday, she can't sit up very well but the straps hold her up, so now she can ride with Dutch. It's so stinking cute.

1 comment:

Carroll Farm said...

I Think your at a great start for running. That is about 2.5 miles longer that I can even jog. So in my eyes you are well on your way to running a marathon.