Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Family Home Evening
My mom bought me a cute little FHE help book called, 52 Weeks of Family Night. So David and I have now been a lot more diligent in having FHE. Sad but true, we weren't doing very good at all but we are on the ball again and enjoying Monday nights as a family. This book just gives very short and sweet lesson for little kids. We have like a 5 minute lesson and try our very hardest to keep Dutch's attention. Last night we learned about the important of prayer and how to pray. Dutch has always been pretty good about prayer time. He bows his head but he doesn't fold his arms. So last night we got him to kneel down, fold his arms and bow his head. He lasted about 2 seconds that way but hey he's got to start somewhere. He is really good when we pray at the table about bowing his head and not eating until we are all done praying. And he starts off excellent with our evening prayer. He gets so excited for our evening prayer. He runs to the couch and bows his head and then he lasts about half way through and then he runs squealing out of the room because he knows that when prayer is over he has to give kisses and then go to bed and it is a big game at our house for David and I to chase him down and cover him in kisses before bed. So we are trying to shorten our prayers so that he can last all the way through them. So anyways I am trying to be a lot more faithful about having FHE. And really I don't know why I let us go with out some times because we always have such a enjoyable time when we do FHE and I love inviting the Spirit into home and singing songs. Also I have decided that I will make a desert every Monday night for FHE. And this is a pretty big thing at our house because we don't have desert very often, I try really hard to keep the junk out. But I am excited to have Dutch help me make a desert every Monday during the day to be enjoyed that evening for FHE. Last night I made a Raspberry pie, it was very yummy. After we had our lesson we spread a sheet out in the living room and had a little picnic for our desert. But I think Maylee was the one to enjoy the desert the most, she just dove right in and ate as much pie as she was able to get away with.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun! AND, i´m so proud of you for making dessert! :) You go girl!
thats a great idea.. fhe can be so fun.. and dessert is always yummy! your pictures are cute of your picnic!! miss ya!!
So cute. I totally want that book now. Joe and I have gotten pretty good at adapting FHEs lessons for a two year old and he just loves them. Its funny because in Spanish its called, "Noche de Hogar" (Night of Home) and Carter calls them "Noche de Jugar!" (Night of Play!!!) I don't correct him because I think it so cute. Did your mom get that at the LDS book store? I'm going to look for it!
Post a Comment