Saturday, September 13, 2008

I had the best morning today. I told David about 9 o'clock last night that I wanted to hike Camelback Mountain in the morning. So he agreed to watch the kids for me. Maylee luckily slept through the night and didn't wake up until 5:20 this morning to eat. So after she ate, I put her back to bed and then I got ready and left. The wait to park was a little long but so worth it. I haven't hiked the mountain since I was about six months pregnant with Maylee, so it's been about nine months since I've been. And I have missed it so much, I can't believe I have stayed away for so long. Since it's been awhile since I have been, I was thinking that it was going to be pretty tough and take me a while to get up. But I felt so great. I got up in 34 minutes, which is longer than what my average use to be. My best time on the mountain is 28 minutes and after I had Dutch I was averaging 29-30 minutes. So I did really well considering I haven't hiked in nine months and the six months prior to that I was pregnant. I told David when I got home that I felt like a million bucks. I just felt so wonderful after hiking and getting a really good cardio workout. And I was so glad because not a single person passed me while I was hiking but I was passing others just like before, so I was feeling really good. I know I have been doing P90X and that's a tough workout but it's mostly weight lifting and I love cardio. Cardio is my favorite type of exercise. Anything that works up a good sweat and kicks my butt. I know I can't hike as much as I use to. What I would give to be able to hike three days a week again but I am definitely going to make it a goal to hike 2 or 3 times a month until David is done with school. I just can't stay away now that I've gone back once. If anyone wants a butt kicking good exercise, hike Camelback, you'll love it (well you'll probably hate it the first couple of times but then you'll love it). Anyways it was just such a great morning. I love to exercise.
Standing Tall
So I had my sewing machine out in the living room on the ground today. I walked into the kitchen and when I walked back about 5 seconds later this is what I found. She is really starting to figure out this whole pulling herself up thing. If something is low enough for her to get a good grip on she just pulls herself right up and she can stand there for a good minute or two.
Bath Time
So Maylee is now big enough to sit up in the bathtub and play with Dutch. And she just loves it. She lasts longer in the bath then Dutch does now. She just loves to splash and play. Dutch actually does really well with her in the tub, it's usually the time when he is the most gentle with her, thankfully.
Baking with Mom
The other day while I was making bread I pulled a chair up beside me and let Dutch "help". He loved it. He loved to be able to see what I was doing and he had such a great time pretending to stir something in a bowl. Then all that baking must have worn him out because I then found him all snuggled up with the couch asleep. Such a cute boy!

2 comments:

Cindy Carroll said...

cute pictures...im so jealous that you climbed the mountain...i want to go so bad. cant wait til the weather cools off...then im gonna....i hate the rush hour traffic..

Mary Ann & Joe Mackey said...

I think the number one thing I miss since I got married, went through nursing school and had kids, is hiking. I'm so jealous! I dream of having enough energy to go that early but so far it just doesn't happen.