Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sick Baby Girl

Well Maylee got sick for the first time. It started Sunday night at about eight. She puked and puked until she had nothing left in her. Then she dry heaved a few times. The dry heaving ended around midnight and then she slept through the night. And on Monday she was feeling better no more puking but she was just sleepy. She took a two and a half hour nap, which is unheard of for her. My kids don't sleep, that's just something that I was not blessed to have. Neither one of my kids are good sleepers. I was hoping Maylee would be better than Dutch but no such luck. So even though she was sick and I felt so horrible for her, it sure was nice to have her sleep so well. Notice the towel she is laying on. I think I went through five towels Sunday night. I really hate cleaning up puke. I sure hope that she doesn't end up being a sick child like Dutch is. I get really worn out of having sick kids.
Side note- on Thursday Dutch kept asking for a shake (aka chocolate milk) right before dinner was done, so I finally gave in and just gave him a shake. Well after he was done drinking it, he was laying on the kitchen floor while I was making dinner crying. So I picked him up and right then he puked all over me and the kitchen. It was everywhere. I realized after that, that the milk had gone bad. And you know how bad sour milk smells and how bad puke smells, well just combine the two and that is what my kitchen smelled like. I felt so bad for the little guy. But once he got the milk out of his system he was all better. The problem is I freeze my milk so I can't go off of the expiration date and I was even thinking the day before that I should probably check the milk because it seemed like that gallon had been in my fridge for a while, well I guess I forgot to check the milk.

2 comments:

jadie said...

iam so sorry you have had so many throw up situations latley... that is never fun.. i hope everyone is doing better.. i keep meaning to tell you that jackson is way into praying for dutch latley.. he will he will say thank you for dutch keep him safe in family prayer.. he misses him.. it will be fun for them to play when we visit!!

sarah said...

That is no fun. Hopefully she feels better soon. Friday morning Hunter puked in his car seat (3 times in a row), and it was sooo gross, I am with you I don't do puke well. I thought he was sick but never puked again. Wierd. I wonder if something is going around?