Thursday, September 25, 2008
New Callings'
David and I have both recently received new callings. We were both serving as the 12 & 13 year old Sunday school teacher, which believe it or not we loved. At first I was really not liking that age group at all, rowdy and immature. But I quickly learned to love them and I was really sad to be released from that calling. However I am very excited for our new callings. David was called to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher, I laughed when he received that but only because he kept teasing me that it was going to be my new calling and then he got it. I think we were both shocked when he got that calling, we really weren't expecting it. But I think that he'll do really good. Although I am a little worried about how sarcastic he can be, hopefully the people in the ward will learn to appreciate his kind of humor. As for me, I was called to be the Young Women's Secretary. I am so excited to serve in the Young Women's. A little intimated, I mean it's only been six years since I have been a young women myself, I don't know if I have gained enough wisdom in those six years to truly benefit the girls but regardless I am thrilled to be in there. I forgot all about the activities that go along with Young Womens, like mutual and firesides but I so love going to those activities. Especially since I now have one night a week that I get to leave the kids in Davids care and get out of the house, even if it's just for an hour. I am really excited that I still get to be involved in the 12 & 13 year olds lives that were in our class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is to funny. I know what you mean about being in YW. I was called to serve in the YW when I was first married I was only 20!!!! But it was a lot of fun. You will do a great job.
It is always fun to get new callings and if it makes you feel more confident being in Y.W. just know I was called to that same position right after getting married. I was only 19, it was kind of funny actually, but it is a fun calling!
I'm so glad that you're happy with your new calling. I wouldn't know what to say if you were venting that you didn't like it :) I'm excited to work with you!
Yeah! I have been in YW 4 1/2 of our 5 1/2 years of marriage. I am currently the secretary in our ward now and LOVE IT! You get to be that cool, young, cute leader with a little more experience. You will rock! However, it is important to remember all the DRAMA that goes on with YW! Good luck!
Post a Comment