Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sound Asleep

My favorite thing in the world is to watch my kids sleep. Especially when Dutch falls asleep in funny spots around the house. Today Dutch was eating some lunch and I was sitting in the office. He said that he wanted some water, so I went and got him a cup and I noticed that he only had about four more bites and then he would be wanting to wash his hands. (I guess I've trained him well because he hates to have his hands dirty from eating, he's really good about finding me to wash his hands.) Anyways I went back into the office and I was just going to wait until I heard him ask me to wash his hands. Pretty soon I realized that about 10 minutes had gone by and he hadn't called for me. And it was dead silent in the kitchen, which can mean one of two things, he's sleeping or he's getting into trouble. So I quickly ran out to the kitchen and I found him sound asleep at the kitchen table. It just melted my heart into a puddle. He looked so precious. So before I cleaned him up and put him in bed, I got a picture and I even video taped it. He just looked so cute! He was even still holding onto his fork with Mac & cheese on it.

8 comments:

Cindy Carroll said...

that is so cute....i sure wish i could sleep like that....i have to be in my bed...room completely dark..ceiling fan on...and 72degrees...oh to be a toddler!

Shauna said...

Freakin Dutch! So cute, I love it!

jadie said...

breezy.. i just wanted to say thank you for your comment on my blog.. that was really sweet.. i am so glad that you are my sister in law to.. i love ya and i am grateful we are friends.. we will always have to remember all the fun times we had on our walks together when we lived so close.. those were so fun.. i cant wait to see you at christmas... thanks again for your thoughtful comments.. love ya tons.. give your 2 darling kids a BIG hug from me.. and tell david hi to.. have a fantastic day!!!

Dawn Walterscheid said...

That is just so cute!!!! I wish I could sleep like that.
I also just love the song His Hands. I always cry when I hear it. I am crying right now just listening to it. This song is so powerful.

Arizona Nielsens said...

I love it... and am absolutely amazed that he just closes his eyes and is out! What a cute boy!

Courtney said...

Too precious. Will you tell him to come teach my kids how to "pass out" just about anywhere? That is unbelievable and NOT FAIR! ;)

Blackson family said...

I love it! What a ham he is! I love moments like this for the kiddos. Try doing daycare and having them all pass out in their high chair. It's great!

Blackson family said...

I know Lacy from the singles ward. Marcie Maloy and I went to the same singles ward along with her. What a small world it is! We are looking to sell Bella for $400.00. She has had all of her shots, we just had her groomed, and would include all her food, dish bowls, pooper scooper, etc. She really is a good dog we just don't have the time for her. She weighs about 11 pounds right now. Her mom is a poodle that weighed 11pounds and her dad is a cocker spaniel that weighed 16 pounds.