Friday, January 15, 2010

I finally bought myself a double stroller. I have lived the last two years with out one and I felt very justified in getting myself one. I have chased the kids around the stores for so long and I am just tired of it. I didn't go extreme and buy the biggest and best, just one we could afford but I am in love with it. I can't believe I waited til the third kid is almost here to finally get one. I went to a couple of stores the other day and I left with my sanity. I didn't realize a mom could do that. It was amazing. No fighting the kids to stay with me or telling them to stop touching. It was wonderful. Dutch threw a fit in the beginning, he didn't want to sit in it, but I just strapped him in and he had no choice and then within a few minutes he was fine. Now I can actually go to the store and get some shopping done and get the things I went for, rather then just finally giving up and leaving because I can't contain the kids. So many possibilities have opened up for me.

6 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

Yeah!! Finally!! Hope you can go lots of places and do lots of things before take a break to have a newborn around!!

Rich and Liz Harris said...

Awww!! Maylee's hair has gotten so long! How cute!

Britt said...

yes, double strollers are the bomb!! I have one of the "suburban" strollers and the side-by-side... i don't go anywhere without one. :)

sarah said...

You are brave to have gone with out one. Shopping will be a lot more enjoyable now :)

Dawn Walterscheid said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new stroller! That green is one of my favorite colors. I can't believe you went this long with out a double stroller. They are a MUST have for any mom with more than 1 kid. I also love how Maylee has her baby with her. Miss and love Ya all!

jadie said...

so glad you got a double stroller! it is very much needed for sanity! love all your new posts! maylee is getting so big and is so cute! i love how much dutch is talking! and we cant wait for your new baby girl to arrive! looks like you are all doing good! we love you all and miss you! we cant wait to see you all soon! we love to see what you are up to out there in nevada!! keep up the posts! love ya!!