Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Maylee had her 18month/2 year old well check last week. She missed her 18 month one due to the move and the doctor just counted last week as her two year one since next month is her birthday. It took me a while to find a doctor here that I liked but I finally did. After they took all of Maylee's stats the doctor came in and looked them over and then said he wanted to get her records to compare (he thought he had seen her before). Since he didn't have her records he asked if I remembered what she weighed at a year, I told him about 17 pounds. He said, so good, she has put on weight since then. He was concerned because of how skinny she is. He asked if she eats, which all I could do was laugh. No she doesn't eat unless you are offering her sugar. The girl refuses to eat all day long and then wakes up at 5:45 yelling from her crib, "I hungry, eat, I hungry, eat" until David and I finally give up and go and get her. So he gave me the same "lecture" that her old pediatrician gave me. Offer her three meals a day but don't give her a cookie if she didn't eat anything just so she'll have something in her belly, she won't starve herself, she'll eventually eat. I told him I definitely don't chase her around with food. She can starve herself but I refuse to give in to the sugar addict that I have on my hands.
Two year stats:
Weight 22lbs.... 5th percentile
Height 34 and 3/4... 45 percentile
Head 48 and 1/4 centimeters... 75 percentile
The doctor and I also had to have a little talk about my big headed children. He was concerned that she's so tiny, with a slightly bigger head. And then he looked at Dutch. He was pretty amazed at the size of Dutch's head.
While the Doctor was standing there talking to me about her, I happened to look down and Maylee was latched on to Dutch's pant leg trying ever so hard to bite him. So I scooped her up and scolded her. (She wanted to sit in the chair Dutch was sitting in.) All the doctor did was laugh, he thought it was hilarious. I told him, finally someone gets to see what I put up with. Maylee can be the sweetest, most adorable little girl. She adores her big brother, loves to lay by him, give him hugs and is always the first to say sorry. When Dutch cries, she quickly offers whatever toy she is playing with to help him to feel better. She loves to give David and I hugs and kisses, she loves to lay in our bed and snuggle early (and I mean early) in the mornings. She is such a fun girl. She sings all the time, her favorite song is "Three Little Monkeys", she talks from the time she wakes up in the morning until she falls asleep, she never has nothing to say. But DON'T cross her. She can be the orneriest, most feisty little girl I have ever met. She can hold her own up to Dutch and she doesn't take no for an answer. She thinks time outs are hilarious and laughs the entire time. She is getting quite good at temper tantrum when she feels they are necessary in getting her way. If she wants something, she just grabs unto your finger and will NOT let go until you follow her and get her what she needs. But she is so adorable, its hard not to give in and/or laugh at her. I have always called her my little ray of sunshine, she just is so happy and makes my days so much better, but the little sunshine is starting to get some dark clouds. Welcome to the terrible two's.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

I have the same problem with Carly....she is a horrible eater. I give her 1-2 pediasure drinks a day so she has some nutrition.