Monday, February 21, 2011

(I have no idea why the font is different colors or different sizes, it won't let me fix it)
Maylee turned three last Thursday. I love birthdays and I always want to make the entire day a special day for my kids. This year I was hoping to do a Princess party with Maylee but it didn't work out, so instead David and I just pampered her. We made her purple pancakes for breakfast, then her and Dutch got to finger paint, she loves painting right now so I got some finger paint for her birthday activity.

Then when Dutch went to preschool we took her to get chicken nuggets for lunch and then we took her to the Cupcakery to pick out her own special cup cake. From there we headed to wal-mart and let her pick out a birthday toy. She choose play dough with the help from us, the girl is obsessed with play dough right now. Afterwards we headed home and Daddy and Maylee played with her new play dough kit until it was time to pick Dutch up from school.

Once we had Dutch with us we headed to the park to play. We played and played, then headed home to open presents. Maylee got two boxes of Princess figurines, a table that Daddy made her and a tea party set.

I wasn’t too sure if she would like the tea set but I went ahead and got it anyways and I’m so glad that I did, her and Dutch played “tea party” for three hours straight that night and they really haven’t stopped since. It’s so cute to watch them play and I love how they make sure to always bless their fake food.

We had a great day spoiling Maylee, I really can’t believe she is already three, it has gone so fast, she is growing up so quickly and I can’t say that I like just how fast it is happening. Maylee is completely potty trained except at night, her favorite song is “Tinkle Tinkle little star… aka Twinkle Twinkle little star” But I like the way she pronounces it better. She is still crazy and obsessed with anything princess, her favorite colors are pink and purple. She absolutely loves to dig and play in the dirt. She is constantly outside “planting” flowers and making a mess. She is a bossy little thing and gets so upset when Dutch and Talli do not do what she says. She loves to play “Mom & Dad” with Dutch. Ever since she has gotten into her big girl bed a couple of months ago I’m pretty sure she has only slept in it all through the night only a handful of times, the girl will not stop coming into our room. She hates pizza and loves Macaroni and Cheese. She still insists on drinking out of a sippy cup 75% of the time no matter how hard I try to convince her that she is a big girl and doesn’t need it, although she calls it a “sipper” cup and I love to hear her say it. She still hates to wear clothes and only wears them when we leave the house or if she is playing outside. If she does wear something in the house it is generally just her “swimsoup” (swim suit). Maylee is a wild, crazy, sweet, snuggley, bossy, dramatic little girl and we love every little single thing about her. She is still my baby girl and I love her so much.

1 comment:

jadie said...

Happy happy happy birthday maylee!!! Glad you had a fun day! You are such a big girl! Love you!