Thursday, September 25, 2008
Climbing
Maylee loves to climb up on her toys and sit on them. She just started doing it pretty recently and it is so funny. The kids have this little toy barn house and yesterday it got knocked over and Maylee just kept climbing on it. And she was finally able to get up all the way on it so that she could sit on it, then she would fall off and then start again. It was just so cute to watch.
And yesterday she started pulling herself up to the couch again. I know that I said she had already done it and she had, but she only did it that once and until yesterday she had not done it again. Well now she is pulling herself up to the couch all the time. She isn't content to just sit by the couch, she has to stand by the couch. But of course that means she is falling backwards a lot onto her head. Her balance still isn't very good.
Dutch loves to pull the middle cushion off of the couch and sit on the springs. Why he likes to this, I don't know, the springs are so uncomfortable but it is his favorite way to watch a movie. So tonight he pulled off the cushion and was sitting on the couch. So of course Maylee crawls over to the cushion and climbs right on up. I was pretty surprised because it is the tallest thing she has been able to climb up on. So of course I got a picture. I was just so proud of that crazy little mobile girl.
Now I'm sure everyone knows where this is going but I didn't even consider it. I was so surprised. I was standing in the kitchen doing dishes, watching her play on the cushion. Then she decides to go back and stand at the couch. So I walk into the living room to watch her, as she is trying to climb up onto the couch. And she did. She pulled herself all the way up onto the couch, all by herself. Granted the cushion wasn't on the couch so it was the low part but still that is insane to me. Dutch had been walking for at least a month before he could climb up onto the couch, which made him 15 months old, Maylee just barely hit 7 months last week. Anyways once she got onto the couch, she climbed up the next cushion and then onto the arm, about to dive off. She has no understanding of danger. So now I am going to have to be very aware of Dutch pulling off the cushion, so that she won't be climbing onto the couch when I'm not in the room. She was just so proud of herself though, she was so excited to be playing on the couch. I didn't get many pictures because I mostly video taped her but I did get a couple.
Here she is climbing...
And now she's up...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the age when kids start talking and they just say the cutest things. The other morning Dutch woke up crying so David went to get him. When we got Dutch, Dutch said "eat", so David replied, "You want to eat?" and Dutch says, (in his adorable little voice) "Sure!". He has never replied with "sure" before. Up until now, he only replies with 'no', whether he wants something or not. So it is so stinking cute for him to have a positive reply . Now any question we ask him, he replies "Sure". I just love it. I am going to be so sad when he grows out of that. When he use to say thank you, he pronounced it "T, tu" it was so stinking cute. And now it is started to sound more like thank you and his little "t, tu" is gone. It makes me so sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She is so stinking cute! It is so crazy that she is already so good at crawling and climbing..the kids here are so behind in that, it makes me so sad. They get it...it just takes a little longer dangit!
My goodness... Maylee is going to be running around soon. I love listening to little kids talk... they're always so much smarter than we give them credit for!
My healthy little Breezy!! Well, if I am Miss Popular then you get the award of being Miss Skinny!! You look great, and I would give anything to look like you after 2 kids! I miss you and want to see you soon. I will never forget when you brought your carrots and cereal with you to Rocky Point and would not pig out on all the fatty chicken with the rest of us, but look at you now!! Just wanted to tell you that I love you and thanks for looking at my blog! :)
She is getting so BIG! She is still little... I Have HUGE boys, but I can't beleive how fast time is going! Congrats on your new callings! I am sure you guys are going to do great!
Post a Comment