Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Never Again...

will I sit in the front in Sacrament meeting. We got to church a little late and the only pews available were the very front rows, I hate sitting in the hard chairs so we headed up front. Because church starts at 1pm, right during all three kids nap/quiet times, sacrament meeting hasn't really been very enjoyable in awhile. The meeting starts the kids are doing ok, not great but ok. Then after the sacrament begins to be passed around Dutch announces to us that he needs to go pee. We ask him if he can hold it until after the water (we hadn't even gotten the bread yet, but we thought we would give it a try). So he goes back to playing with his toys, then after we get the bread, he says kind of loudly but not to loud, "I have to go pee, it's coming." So David takes him out. We hate having to leave during the sacrament but what can you do. Then after we get the water, Maylee announces VERY loudly that she needs to go pee. I ask her to please hold it, I kind of thought she was just saying it since Dutch did. Well two seconds later she says, again very loudly, "Mommy I have to go pee in the potty." So my friend in front of me takes Talli and I rush Maylee out. We get to the bathroom, only for me to realized that she peed her panties. So I go back out to the foyer where David is waiting with Dutch for the sacrament to be over so he can go back in. I tell him what happens, so he takes Maylee home to change her and I head back into the chapel with Dutch. As soon as I walk into the pew, I see the big pee spot all over the floor on the carpet, so embarrassing. And then Dutch would not for anything sit quietly and listen, he was tired and ready to be done. Talli was starving and fussy but I didn't' want to have to leave the meeting again. So I waited for David to come back, he finally got back and I headed off to the Mothers lounge. I'm pretty sure everyone in our Ward thinks we are such an irreverent family who can not control their kids. After the block was over and we were getting in the van David asked me if Maylee said she needed to pee really loud. I said it was loud but I didn't think everyone could hear her, he then informed me that the bishop up on the stand heard her announcement. We'll be sitting in the back next week!

3 comments:

Dewey and Liz said...

Don't worry about!! It happens, and anyone who has kids knows that!! When Will was 3, we were sitting up on the front side and it was about the same time, but instead of insisting he had to go to the bathroom he just went all over the pew! I was devastated and just wanted to go home, but I really felt bad and so I stayed and got the cleaning supplies and cleaned the pew and then put a caution, wet, sign!

Dawn Walterscheid said...

HAHA! Sorry but I have been there and lived that. That is a hard time to be at church. We move to 11 next year right at nap time it should be fun..... NOT! Anyone who has had kids knows it is hard and has had something like that happen to them.

Cindy Carroll said...

Hey babe...I remember you got sick during sacrament so i lifted the bottom of your dress to make a nice little bucket and carried you out while you puked in your skirt. WHAT FUN!!!! :)