Saturday, April 30, 2011

30 Years!!!

I remember very clearly when my parents turned 30. And as a little girl I remember thinking how OLD that was. I just thought it was so old. When my parents turned 40, I didn't think that was very old, when my Dad turned 50, I didn't think it was that old. But for some reason in my little girl mind when my parents turned 30 that was just so old! So when David turned 30 on Wednesday it just seemed so weird to me, so old. I don't feel old enough to be married to a 30 year old. I'm sure when we turn 40 and 50 and so on it won't seem as weird to me as when we both turn 30 because to me 30 is old, :) strange I know, I can't help it.
So I threw David a surprise party with all of our family while we were in Arizona. Too bad he figured it out and wasn't surprise, oh well it's the thought that counts and the party was still fun. Then on his actual birthday, which happened to be the first day back to school after spring break, prefect timing huh?, the kids and I tried to make the day special. I asked the kids what they wanted to do for Daddy. Dutch said he wanted to make him a blue cake, Maylee said she wanted to get him a balloon and Talli just grunted. So we headed to the store to get all that we needed. We got everything for a cake, Maylee picked out a balloon and I picked out some water balloons. We made the cake but the blue coloring didn't work, so we ended up doing a purple cake with red frosting. Then I filled up a bunch of water balloons for the kids to throw at Daddy when he got home. Now that plan was for the kids to ambush him, however as soon as he walked into the house they were too excited and told him they were going to throw the balloons at him. They were waiting outside for him, so he removed his wallet and phone and snagged a bunch of the balloons and we had a water balloon fight outside. I'm pretty sure I got the most wet. Then we just went shopping, hung out as a family, and ate cake. It was a pretty relaxed, mellow birthday.

1 comment:

Chris and Shelly said...

Tell your hubby happy birthday! And we are excited to see dutch's scar!