Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring Break

David had his Spring Break last week so we loaded up the kids and headed to Arizona for a week. I had a few projects that I wanted to work on with my Dad at his cabinet shop and the kids just wanted to play with their cousins. We got in Saturday afternoon and headed to a BBQ with my Dad's ward and then at 9 that night my Dad wanted to go running, so we went for a late night run, I don't normally run late but it was fun. Tuesday my Dad and I headed over to his cabinet shop to build a headboard that I have been dreaming of for awhile. I got the idea from Remodelaholic, she uses four cabinet doors to make a headborad, she has a great tutorial of it on her blog however we didn't use her tutorial since my Dad is a cabinet builder he had his own idea of how it should be built. So we got to work making the headboard and it turned out amazing. I can't really say I did too much work, I should say that my Dad did an awesome job, although I did help sand, fill nail holes and paint. On Wednesday my Dad and I headed back over to the shop to finish the headboard and start on a picture frame that I wanted made. I fell in love with the frames from Organic Bloom and figured that I could probably make some myself and so we did. While we were working away (and this time I actually got to use the jigsaw and cut out some of the frame) I got a phone call from David (he was at my parents house "supposedly" studying) anyways this is how our conversation went...
David, "Hey how is it going?"
Me, "So good, oh my goodness the frame is looking amazing! I can't wait for you to see it. What are you up to?"
David, "Oh well I am taking Dutch to the ER." (In mellow tone)
Me, " What? You let me go on about my picture frame while you are taking Dutch to the ER, what happened, is he ok?"
So anyways here's what happened. Tara called that morning and asked if the kids wanted to come play at her house. So we took Dutch and Maylee over there. A couple of hours later Tara called my Mom panicked and said that Dutch cut his head open and that David needed to come look at it. Dutch and the boys were playing on the bunk bed and some how Dutch leaned out and the ceiling fan was on and it cut open his forehead pretty good. So David took him to the ER and he got 5 stitches put in his forehead to close up the cut. His first big "owie" that landed him in the ER and he was so proud of it, he enjoyed telling every one how he got it. And David enjoyed removing the stitches four days later. The Doctor did a great job stitching it up and I think he is only going to end up with a very tiny scar.
Maylee wanted me to take a picture of her head too, to see if she had an owie.
I had a lot of fun working with my Dad at his shop. Its probably a good thing I don't live in Arizona now that he owns it because he would probably get sick of me coming down there and having to help me on a ton of projects.
Once we got to Arizona David realize that he had gotten the days mixed up on a class he had to take and he ended up having to drive home Wednesday night, go to class for four hours on Thursday and then drive back to Arizona as soon as the class let out. Not fun and not cheap. But it did give me chance to buy all the food for David's surprise party that I was planning on having for him Friday night. And it gave my Mom and I a chance to hang out. So we went up to Arrowhead Mall and browced around, let the kids play and ride the little train ride there. The train ride seemed to last forever, the kids loved it but I started feeling like a hostage. David ended up figuring out that we were throwing a party for him, bummer. But we still had lots of fun with all our family celebrating his 30th birthday. And me beign super lame-o I didn't get any pictures.
We celebrated Easter with Fawn and Dave. The kids woke up to find their Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny and loved the presents that He left for them. Then they went out side to find all the eggs that were hidden. It was hilarious watching them hunt for eggs. My kids are extremely into colors, so every time Maylee found a blue egg she wouldn't pick it up and put it in her basket instead she would yell for Dutch and say "Dutch here's a blue one for you" and same way if Dutch found a pink egg. It was really cute. I love when they show they love and concern that they really do have for each other. Easter Breakfast... Trying to get a decent family picture, not the easiest thing to do with 3 little kids... Maylee picked out her's and Talli's Easter dresses. She saw a pink, fluffy dress and you better believe she wasn't leaving the store without it. And then just the random pictures from our trip... Talli managed to get close enough to the stuff animals to snag a few... Maylee always looks like she is going to fall right in the potty, it cracks me up...

No comments: