Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dentist

Dutch and Maylee each had an appointment with the Dentist on Tuesday. I was really nervous about taking them. The last time they went was over a year and a half ago when we still lived in Phoenix and they both were hysterical at that visit. So I was not at all excited about this trip. But I tried to talk it up as much as possible and told them that they would get a prize at the end of their visit and that the Dentist was just going to brush their teeth and make sure they were nice and clean. When we got to the office the waiting room was full of fun toys. They were both in Heaven. They were having so much fun at the "Dentist". Dutch got called back first and he actually went with hygienist ok but then she came out 5 seconds later and said he wanted me back there, which I wanted to be back there anyways so I was happy they let me go back. The hygienist was awesome with Dutch, she made him completely comfortable, she was able to get his x rays done and his teeth clean with no problem. The last part he got a little sad but it didn't last long. Then the dentist came in to look at him. He showed me that he has a severe overbite that will have to be taken care of down the road but other then that his teeth look great, no cavities, yay! They had Maylee in the chair right next to Dutch so I was able to stand in the middle and talk to both kids. Maylee was awesome. She was so excited to sit in the chair and for them to move it up and down. She did awesome and never had a moment of sadness. She did gag on the fluoride treatment, I was afraid she'd throw up but luckily she didn't. She too has a bad overbite and her teeth jet out he said, so she'll need treatment later on, but no cavities. I know my kids will end up in braces one day and that doesn't bother me. I survived them and I know they will too. I'm just glad they have strong teeth and no cavities. Later that night after we had been home for awhile Maylee was crying because she wanted to go back to the Dentist and play. I'm so glad they each had such a good experience.
Playing in the waiting room... I couldn't get Maylee to make a good face... Talli waiting...

No comments: