Sunday, January 31, 2010

Potty Training

I am going to start potty training Maylee tomorrow. With the girls incessant need to constantly being naked, its just not working out with her not being potty trained. She's like a little puppy. She takes off all her clothes and then goes and squats somewhere in the house. So I have decided I either have to potty train her or start putting her diapers on backwards and using duck tape to secure them in place. I'm going to try potty training first. We've been working on it a little bit this weekend and we haven't had much luck. So far she has only had one success in the potty. But I am going strong tomorrow and hopefully it won't take to long for it to click with her. My biggest worry is her stubbornness. I can see her peeing in the house just to prove that she can pee in the house and because she knows it bothers me (yes she's that stubborn). So I figure I'll give it a shot for a week or so and see if she takes to it, if not and I'm cleaning up to many messes we are going to stock up on duck tape. I just can't see any other way to keep a diaper on her. I'm not going to go cold turkey with her like I did with Dutch, she'll still wear a diaper at nap and bedtime. But only because I refuse to take her out of her crib. I don't want to deal with her not going to bed easy anymore. She is staying in the crib until this next baby moves out of our room. So wish me luck, because here I go again and I'm thinking it's not going to be nearly as easy as it was with Dutch.

2 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

Good luck. I just can't believe that she's old enough for that. There's no way that Vanessa is ready, but Maylee is ahead of her in a lot of different ways. Have fun!

Jordan said...

Good luck, Kayten was doing the same thing so I started putting her in white onesies underneath all of her clothes. That way she couldn't get to her diaper...would that work with Maylee? Anyway, just a thought.